Big C Extra pattaya klang

seasia

Hi

Is this Big C branch still  open ?

If so, anyone know if they still do free delivery on Purchase above 1 K.?

I have moved and it is fairly near me .2 bahtbus  away.

I realise things can change quickly, their website shows as still being open for shopping.

Any recent experience ?

Thank You

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do they limit to food stuff only? No other "non essentials" allowed to buy?

I just came back from the Central Mall. All shops are open. Also the Food Court for dining there. But also outside for instance at the Made in Thailand area. I think they want to fight Covid mainly with their app. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do they limit to food stuff only? No other "non essentials" allowed to buy?

The initial requirement was essentials for sale only, but apparently that was rescinded and the major supermarkets started selling everything. Now there is a post above saying all stores are open in Central.... so what exactly is being done to rein in Covid I fail to see. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The initial requirement was essentials for sale only, but apparently that was rescinded and the major supermarkets started selling everything. Now there is a post above saying all stores are open in Central.... so what exactly is being done to rein in Covid I fail to see. 

By installing the thaichana app on a smartphone (if U have one) you become immune to the virus...:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

By installing the thaichana app on a smartphone (if U have one) you become immune to the virus...:thumbsup:

That damned thing requires you to leave your bluetooth on and will drain the battery more quickly. I was using the QR-Code part (not an app) and logging into places previously... 

My Mrs dowloaded the app and she got categorized as yellow immediately due to her association with me, a foreigner.... the xenophobia is all pervading. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That damned thing requires you to leave your bluetooth on and will drain the battery more quickly. I was using the QR-Code part (not an app) and logging into places previously... 

My Mrs dowloaded the app and she got categorized as yellow immediately due to her association with me, a foreigner.... the xenophobia is all pervading. 

what,s a "bluetooth"...mine are fine but if I get one do I need to see the dentist/doctor :unsure:

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

She must have answered a question wrong. It is meant to be yes for a newly arrived foreigner. If you answer no to everything it stays green. She can change the answers anytime. It was the continual notification on the screen that annoyed me. You can turn off Bluetooth at home and when you go out turn it on again. I guess it is useful if you come near someone who has a red or high rating it will warn you but depends whether it really works.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The Thai Chana app that petermik mentioned is the one that is just used to scan QR codes. All it knows is your phone number and wherever you've scanned a QR code. It doesn't let you see a list of places you've been to

The app you are referring to that uses bluetooth is the Mor Chana app.
It is a more detailed app that does (can) track you. It doesn't know you are a foreigner - unless they decide that everyone who selects the English option is a foreigner.
(I've met quite a few Thais who, when presented with an English or Thai option will often choose the English option as it is easier to understand apparently. Assuming they speak English of course. Makes me wonder what the Thai version says if the English version is easier.)

Page one of the questions asks if you have any of the 5 symptoms listed.
Page two asks if you have been overseas in the last 14 days.
Page 3 asks if you've been around people who have a fever, if you are living with someone that recently came back from abroad or have been in close contact with someone who is a confirmed Covid case.
Page 4 is just one question. It asks if you have an occupation that needs to be close to foreigner(s) frequently.

Answering yes to anyone of those questions could put you in a "risk" category and the app would then alert everyone around you that they are in close proximity to someone that is above he "very low risk" category.

You can also go into the app settings and turn on/off things like "location permission" (or set it to only allow while the app is running). Same for the camera and "physical activity" (whatever that is), you can allow or deny permission. 

You can also turn your bluetooth off if you want. The app can't stop you from doing that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The Thai Chana app that petermik mentioned

Yes, I just downloaded it and took a look....  it does not appear to do anything more than what I previously achieved by simply scanning QR Codes and logging in and out. My Mrs got the Maw Chana one and I can very likely believe the  Thai wording of a question tripped her up. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I just downloaded it and took a look....  it does not appear to do anything more than what I previously achieved by simply scanning QR Codes and logging in and out. My Mrs got the Maw Chana one and I can very likely believe the  Thai wording of a question tripped her up. 

It tracks where your phone  goes. . Google already collects that info on smart phones but this must allow them to access it. The q code on thai chana just knows when you scan in. Morchana knows everywhere you go. It will also tell you if you go close to someone high risk- doctors, nurses, quarantine workers, coconut bar girls.