Thailand Gets New Cyber Crime Law

taxexile

However irrespective of all that if witholding an IP address or using other means to avoid detection, then it seems to suggest that those users have something to hide I would suspect.

Watching Youtube? Or any other site that the Gov deems unsuitable? :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just noticed that I could not connect -directly- to the website of a (major) telephone company in the Netherlands, http://www.kpn.com.

I had one time the same problem with this site -TV (about 1 week ago) - with Hotmail, and with the site of a foreign newspaper. All these blocks lasted only a few hours, but I don't understand why they are blocked at all (access IS possible).

Anyone had similar experiences? And, anyone has any idea WHY such temporarily blockings of perfectly legitimate sites occur?

Edited by beuaspam

I just noticed that I could not connect -directly- to the website of a (major) telephone company in the Netherlands, http://www.kpn.com.

I had one time the same problem with this site -TV (about 1 week ago) - with Hotmail, and with the site of a foreign newspaper. All these blocks lasted only a few hours, but I don't understand why they are blocked at all (access IS possible).

Anyone had similar experiences? And, anyone has any idea WHY such temporarily blockings of perfectly legitimate sites occur?

In many cases, though not all, the temporary failure has more to do with the skill set of the individuals who are putting 'filter' and traffic managing algorithms in place at the ISP level, sometime by area. End result is that often one cannot tell form one day to the next when something will work. In my own experience I''ve watched net sections go dark, and light up some hours later [only direct from Thailand], a result of no test system, only have 'production' to play with.

Regards