Pheu Thai questions safety of vaccines from China

webfact

11 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

About time someone question the Government about this Chinese vaccine, no doubt Thailand has bought it at a reduced price due to its insufficient quality, but no doubt some brown envelopes were involved... 

Do you know that the all mighty CP group (richest Thai Chinese) in December 2020 had invested in the Chinese company that supplies the vaccine?

Smells extremely foul.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is the one, anything from China is window dressing. They would have done well to order supplies from the other major western companies as well, like Moderna and Pfizer.

The Pfizer vaccine is nowhere near as hard to distribute as it first sounds due to the temperature issue, Pfizer made special flasks that can store it for up to about 10 days based on what I've read about it.

I also read that the one thing slowing down the roll out is the manufacturing capacity / capability to fill so many small bottles with the liquid vaccine - that's a 'bottleneck' right now.

you make very good points but i do feel we must adapt to local conditions,the china and uk vaccs are cheaper by a mile.the problem is the  others can be transported using hi tek packaging but the levels of competence here would seem to exclude that way forward,they would be left in the sun,forgot to put the dry ice in.went for a sleep was watching tv or just not fun.theres plenty of competent people here but plenty who aint and are important .look at govt!lets stick with whats easy as peoples lives depend on it.how many times before have we come unstuck by presuming people can carry out the basics or apply reasoning?moonshots and subs?

18 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

the china and uk vaccs are cheaper by a mile

The Chinese vaccine is the most expensive one out there. 

It's not clear how much it might cost, but earlier this year, a BBC team in the Chinese city of Yiwu saw that nurses were administering the injections for a fee of around 400 yuan ($60; £45).

Moderna is $33 and Pfizer is $20.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If a chinese vacuum cleaner can save your life in during covid outbreak I take my hat off to you for inventing something that the rest of the world missed ???? 

Just hoover the virus out of your body.

17 hours ago, Suua said:

I don't trust 1 single molecule that comes out of 'that' country, and never will...ever.

Good.  I hope most people feel that way.  Then they'll be an available supply for people like me who are not twisted inside out with racial hate for countries that their home country's politicians and media tell them they should hate. 
Countries within ASEAN and those countries boarding China and actively trading with China don't have that same pent up hatred of China.  The whole world works better when those in power chose trade over hostility.   

For myself, if forced to take a vaccine I'll actively look for a Sinovac supplier.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

My vacuum cleaner is good.

You mean the little cannister vac that sounds like a F16 on afterburner, shoots superheated air out the back and runs at 20,000rpm?

Yeah I have one like that. We use it once a month so I figure it may last a year. 

Cheap junk is cheap junk. 

55 minutes ago, connda said:

Good.  I hope most people feel that way.  Then they'll be an available supply for people like me who are not twisted inside out with racial hate for countries that their home country's politicians and media tell them they should hate. 
Countries within ASEAN and those countries boarding China and actively trading with China don't have that same pent up hatred of China.  The whole world works better when those in power chose trade over hostility.   

For myself, if forced to take a vaccine I'll actively look for a Sinovac supplier.

Cheap junk is cheap junk no matter who makes it. China happens to excel at making cheap junk. 

As for your choice of vaccines: "Good.  I hope most people feel that way.  Then they'll be an available supply for people like me" of the Pfizer vaccine. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is the one, anything from China is window dressing. They would have done well to order supplies from the other major western companies as well, like Moderna and Pfizer.

The Pfizer vaccine is nowhere near as hard to distribute as it first sounds due to the temperature issue, Pfizer made special flasks that can store it for up to about 10 days based on what I've read about it.

I also read that the one thing slowing down the roll out is the manufacturing capacity / capability to fill so many small bottles with the liquid vaccine - that's a 'bottleneck' right now.

And what we "read" is the truth, the all truth, and nothing but the truth..... geez..............  wth all going on, the sheep still beleive the telly man....

The government has also signed an agreement for an additional 35 million doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, which are due to arrive in May or June.

So this order is absolutely not being manufactured in Thailand contrary to many posters opinions here

8 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

you make very good points but i do feel we must adapt to local conditions,the china and uk vaccs are cheaper by a mile.the problem is the  others can be transported using hi tek packaging but the levels of competence here would seem to exclude that way forward,they would be left in the sun,forgot to put the dry ice in.went for a sleep was watching tv or just not fun.theres plenty of competent people here but plenty who aint and are important .look at govt!lets stick with whats easy as peoples lives depend on it.how many times before have we come unstuck by presuming people can carry out the basics or apply reasoning?moonshots and subs?

and here is a perfect example of why random internet people can be dangerous

• Haha 1

I think I will wait for the AstraZenica vaccine in May!  The only reason they ordered the Chinese vaccine was because it is cheap and to placate the source of the millions of tourists that will be arriving in the 3rd quarter of this year.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:59 PM, kotsak said:

50 Of The Best Covid Vaccine Memes So Far | Bored Panda

And check the bottles before if they did not changed the labels from A.Z or Moderna to the Chinese  Sinovac Biotech bottles   they inject them with ...... don't trust them ????

On 1/7/2021 at 1:33 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

Given the extensive  nature of "anti  anything China" propaganda  it is no surprise such  questions  would arise. However the  basis of this where it refers to a specific incident involving a suspected adverse reaction  to this  Chinese vaccine is a convenient  manipulation of truth. As have other singular  incidents involving specific issues with trial test subjects of those  vaccines  now  accepted as  safe the Brazilian  case was investigated and  found not to be a generic issue  with the vaccine and trials were continued.Equivalent issues have  occurred  with the  "heralded"  vaccines.

I'm sorry, but they have to have it bruv, beings China is anti-everything.

Nice nik btw. 

Just wondering.......If in future  Farangs  Resident in Thailand "Must"  have the Vaccine jab , or you won't be able to renew your Visa,     how will we know where the Vaccine we are about to get injected came from..UK, USA,  or  China.?, given the bad reports already from Brazil, re; the Chinese vaccine..