Is lockdown severe in Chiang Rai?

thailandsgreat

I am in Pattaya since some time. Lockdown is becoming gradually more severe. Also affecting relations with locals, they seem less used to meet farlang (maybe). How is Chiang Rai now? I always experienced CR as open and relaxed. Is there any "normal life" left during lockdown. Are there any people around cafes, night market, JetYod st., central plaza etc.

Edited by thailandsgreat

You were right about domestic travel control. To leave Pattaya City by bus you must first have an exit permit from the police. I don't know what the requirements are. My trip to C.R. is still on but I may have to postpone slightly.

I wonder if anyone knows the precise rules. Sometimes it is  better not to ask too much. Maybe a taxi out of Pattaya to Don Meuang and see what happens there. You could lose an air ticket.

Does anyone know more about restrictions flying Bangkok - C.R.?

Here are the restrictions I could find.  This was as of January 11.

"+A ban on any gatherings that would pose a risk of disease transmission.  

+ Entertainment businesses and venues can open only until 24.00 Hrs. daily.  

+ Interprovincial travel is discouraged.  

+ Arrivals from the highly controlled and controlled areas are required to register with the Chiang Rai Sawasdee and Thai Chana contact tracing applications and enter a 14-day self-quarantine or local quarantine as advised by the local public health office. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, statman78 said:

Here are the restrictions I could find.  This was as of January 11.

"+A ban on any gatherings that would pose a risk of disease transmission.  

+ Entertainment businesses and venues can open only until 24.00 Hrs. daily.  

+ Interprovincial travel is discouraged.  

+ Arrivals from the highly controlled and controlled areas are required to register with the Chiang Rai Sawasdee and Thai Chana contact tracing applications and enter a 14-day self-quarantine or local quarantine as advised by the local public health office. "

I appreciate!

It seems a trip would be possible, but one should refrain from "extensive travel". If asked about the reason for the trip, "just need a change" is not a strong reply. I wonder what could be a good motive for travel? I don't want to mention the few people that still may remember me there.

Edited by thailandsgreat

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your info. My trip north is approaching. Start by Thai Lion Air, Bangkok - Chiang Mai. Pattaya City Hall told me last week that the exit permits from Pattaya City will not be needed after Feb. 1.

Are you aware of any documents apart from passport needed to board the flight at Don Meuang?

I tried calling the airline, but no reply so far.

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Like 1