Will the bank let me see the ATM footage?

19 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

No they will not. That is something they only show to police. Maybe if you have a police with you, when going in.

what if I ask for it at my local branch where I open the account? The transaction is fraud and I have a police report would they still show me the atm recording footage?

if they see it isn’t me that took the money from the atm , will I get the money back?

17 minutes ago, luckywooman said:

what if I ask for it at my local branch where I open the account? The transaction is fraud and I have a police report would they still show me the atm recording footage?

if they see it isn’t me that took the money from the atm , will I get the money back?

As you have already made a police report, you will have to fight it that way. If you get to see the footage, which will be hard, then you can always threthen to market it on social media to get your money back. Although, it is always your responsibility to kepp your ATM card safe, so they might not even have any obligation to give you your money back.

Excuse me if asking, but it sounds like you think you know who it is and just want it verified?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

It appears to be the case as only someone close to the OP could have the card AND the password too...

yes I am not sure so I wanted to see the footage that’s all, if it’s someone close or family member I wouldn’t go the police or bank route

6 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

As you have already made a police report, you will have to fight it that way. If you get to see the footage, which will be hard, then you can always threthen to market it on social media to get your money back. Although, it is always your responsibility to kepp your ATM card safe, so they might not even have any obligation to give you your money back.

Excuse me if asking, but it sounds like you think you know who it is and just want it verified?

yes that’s why I ask if a bank manager would let me see the footage

its not so important about the money, just don’t want to think that someone close to me done that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

You could get the footage through a police officer. The one who wrote the report should have access. 

if someone is close would they press charge or can I drop it?

just want to see how the Thai law is 

thanks for the help