Boarding Card

I was told yesterday by a friend that when he went through immigration after a flight from Australia he was required to show his boarding pass. He had lost it so he was sent back to get a replacement. Anyone else heard about this?

It has been reported once or twice on TV that when coming into Thailand immigration have required that the boarding pass be produced.

Thai immigration (like most places) do have the requirement that you state what flight you arrived on, and they do note this in the passport next to your arrival stamp. Maybe the boarding pass is for confirmation.

I know from one particlar flight back I got the flight number wrong. The lady actually knew what flight number it was, but she wouldn't correct my mistake and wouldn't stamp me in until I got it right. The conversation went:

her: this flight number doesn't exist

me (at 1am): um, I think it was CX 1234

her: wrong

me: umm....CX 1235???

her: no

so, I went though ever possible combination till I found the boarding pass, to which she basically told be that the CX flight 1238 arrives mondays, wendesdays and saturdays at this time.

I was told yesterday by a friend that when he went through immigration after a flight from Australia he was required to show his boarding pass. He had lost it so he was sent back to get a replacement. Anyone else heard about this?

It used to happen a year or so ago - I saw people sent away to find airline personnel to get some form of replacement after they had thrown their's away.

For well over a year I have never been asked - maybe they have implemented this again!!!

Nothing new about this. Intermittently they've asking for boarding passes at Immigration since at least July 2004 per reports on other boards. I've been asked a couple of times and for awhile they had small signs up at the Immigration counters at Don Muang requesting passengers to have them ready.

-redwood

I've been asked two out of my last three arrivals (since Oct last year), never a problem as I always keep the stub.

The arrival when they didn't ask was my 'arrival with expired visa' (discussed previously) where they found something much more interesting to quiz me about :o

her: this flight number doesn't exist

me (at 1am): um, I think it was CX 1234

her: wrong

me: umm....CX 1235???

her: no

so, I went though ever possible combination till I found the boarding pass, to which she basically told be that the CX flight 1238 arrives mondays, wendesdays and saturdays at this time.

As if you flew into the airport on a unicorn and were trying to pull a fast one on Thai immigration. Ha.

Honestly, all she had to ask was, "Did you come in on CX 1238?" What a laugher.

For a short period a couple years back, Thai immigrations was really anal about enforcing this requirement at Don Muang. Then they backed off and it's been hit and miss since then (mostly miss).

Upon my arrival in BKK recently from Sydney I was asked to show my boarding card. I thought I'd misheard and when I asked him to say again it was most definitely "boarding card". After some searching in pockets, hand luggage, passport, I found it. Silly request. They can see I came from Sydney by looking at the exit visa. But for the future I'll make a mental note to keep hold of the boarding card and not use it as a bookmark in my 100+ page magazine!

Nothing new about this. Intermittently they've asking for boarding passes at Immigration since at least July 2004 per reports on other boards. I've been asked a couple of times and for awhile they had small signs up at the Immigration counters at Don Muang requesting passengers to have them ready.

-redwood

Interesting I have never heard of this requirement before. Best keep boarding cards handy. It delayed my friend from getting through immigration for quite some time before he got his replacement card. Then to the back of the line.

:D Last October I was asked for my boarding pass on arrival in BKK, the first time ever. They used it to check the flight number entered into my arrival card before they stamped my passport. Don't know why, but I have heard that it is a new policy.

:o

Arrived three times in the last 3 weeks. First one by myself, not asked for boarding pass, second time a week later with my wife, we went through Thai passport line and was not asked. A week later, by myself, was required to produce it. All three times, flight number is noted on entry stamp.

TH

The reason for this check in the past has been reported to be that they believe someone may be opening doors for in-terminal visa runs - you don't exit the terminal but return to obtain a new visa entry. Believe they may also be checking against aircraft manifests by computer these days so flight information might be even more important than in the past.