Do They Need To Make A English Copy Of The Letter?

I am no lawyer but it sounds to me like neither of you can afford to be scrutinized by the Thai justice system. My advice for both would be to allow the other keep whatever they have in their possession and sign the papers without asking for the million baht from the other. Get out of the illegal marriage without drawing any more attention than needs be. Chalk it up to experience and get on with your lives.

I agree with you completely, this what I have been asking him to do for the past 6 months. He has refused to co-operate as he has been wanting me to help him get another year visa in Thailand in spite of the fact that we have already been separated for over a year. I am not at all worried about being scutinised by the Thai justice system.

By the way, my (pitiable) ex husband in the UK is getting married at the end of this year to a lovely lady. I have been invited as we are still very good friends. Yes, I have told him about the whole thing and he sympathises with me.

Edited by raindrops

If I were the one married to the bigamist (assuming my own life could stand a little scrutiny) I'd file a civil case in the UK for fraud and pursue criminal charges of bigamy to add credence to my civil suit seeking monetary damages.

edit: after first securing the literary and movie rights to the story of course.

I'm getting bored of this so let me make it clear

1. He was fully awared I was married in the UK and therefore cannot file any suit for damages against me as he already knew.

2. The OP is not a UK citizen.

3. The fact that he already knew my situation before marrying me would exclude him from being able to file a lawsuit against me for damages, also what damages has he sustained by marrying me in order to obtain a non immigration O visa to stay in Thailand.

4. I am not trying to say that it is OK to be a bigamist. What I did was wrong but I was foolish to love the man and married him on his request.

I am no lawyer but it sounds to me like neither of you can afford to be scrutinized by the Thai justice system. My advice for both would be to allow the other keep whatever they have in their possession and sign the papers without asking for the million baht from the other. Get out of the illegal marriage without drawing any more attention than needs be. Chalk it up to experience and get on with your lives.

What bloody good advice. The OP is skating on thin ice for sure, and the Thai Mrs is also doing the same with the bigamy.

The OP has also gone very quiet. :o

Thanks. Glad someone likes it. Let's hope they do and let us know how it turns out. Now I know how people get hooked on soap operas.

I agree with you completely, this what I have been asking him to do for the past 6 months. He has refused to co-operate as he has been wanting me to help him get another year visa in Thailand in spite of the fact that we have already been separated for over a year. I am not at all worried about being scutinised by the Thai justice system.

By the way, my (pitiable) ex husband in the UK is getting married at the end of this year to a lovely lady. I have been invited as we are still very good friends. Yes, I have told him about the whole thing and he sympathises with me.

Wow the plot thickens.

Are you 2 planning to get a divorce before he gets married again ? Not sure what the law is in the UK but my home state requires a 6 month waiting period after the divorce proceedings are started and they are talking about changing it to 1 year.

I have to make this clear. I was married to the British guy at the time I got married here in Thailand, but not any longer. I believe in the UK you can get married as soon as you have received your decree absolute.

The pair of you both need to take this outside of a public forum, you both need to forget about the arguments, about the 1mill Baht law suits et al.

One of you needs to say "sign" and the other one needs to say "yes"

End of this particular chapter, and then you can carry on your own individual lives without a thought for the other .... any other route is going to get messy.