Thailand reports 212 new COVID-19 cases

rooster59

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Well, the UK reported 52,618 new cases yesterday with 1,162 further deaths and they think that that is fantastic result as it was down from 62,000 cases per day, say the spin doctors (not the NHS). Sweden, the great beacon of original hope that had few restrictions during the first wave has closed shops and public transport. The seemingly draconian measures taken Thai authorities are frankly fine by me - we still end with more freedom that a UK lock down. We don't need the problems the West is facing right now.

Were did you get that from? Sweden has not closed down public transportation or any shops, only recommended that  you wear face mask on public transport, still voluntary and limited the number of visitors to shops. 

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

If the covid pandemic hasnt teached us a lesson...

The usa current daily death 4000 people. europe lockdowns and wave after wave.

Thailand  however has done (and is doing) EXCELLENT controling and managing a worlwide crisis. 

Thats not luck or the warm weather. 

You bought the <deleted> hook, line and sinker. I guess from facts-free CNN or the tyrannical FB. 

A  more sober analysis of Covid related death has recently revealed that only 6%  are actually from the disease itself.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 10baht said:

"19 were imported from people entering quarantine."

Where are they coming from and are they Thais who are not doing the 72 hour test and infecting other on their flight?

they are Thai people returning from abroad. or some stupid Chinese planning to go gambling.

BUT NO Farangs

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

Not great news, but it could have been so much worse...

...just a week ago we went from 200 to 300 to over 700 cases in three days, and many said that's it, we're doomed.

Let's hope they can get the current ~200 cases down below 100 and then down into single figures. 

Way to go, Thailand!

Guderian you are having a laugh, we have yet to suffer the New Years spike, and that will be savage, if reported accurately.

7 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

She then said; "Who's going to go and get tested anywhay when you have to pay for the test? If your infected, you can't work, your friends and family can't work, why would people bother?" This is why folks aren't getting tested - you have to pay for the test. Obviously the biggest obstacle to testing in Thailand.

And this is why Thailand will fail.  

I'm sorry to say but where I live you need to qualify for a test - meaning have symptoms and go through a checklist, make an appointment, drive thru, all free.  Furthermore, if you test positive you must isolate and get paid a small amount while you isolate.  And it's by law.  And everyone is doing it where they can.  IT's easy.  

You can't do this to the population.  They need to feel like the government has their back.

How awful really.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FarangJon said:

Who believes in official figures from the Thai government?
The real figure is definitely 10 times as high or higher.

They always say that it generally is 10x higher than reported because of transmission that people don't know about.  

Wait 2 weeks.

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Testing will tell the truth, but it appears they want to make it go away without testing anyone who will not show symptoms or they can not find through track and tracing.

I think officially that many cases are listed as flew. And deaths are from pneumonia. 

8 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Were did you get that from? Sweden has not closed down public transportation or any shops, only recommended that  you wear face mask on public transport, still voluntary and limited the number of visitors to shops. 

Sweden have put many curbs in place. Hell if you were in Thailand trying to get to Sweden the Swedish borders were closed. My Swedish friend had to go through London to get back to Sweden. 

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yep, just don't see that being done here on this forum, or by any of the Thai media, or the government.

From the news reports I read here every day, they don't even manage to distinguish between the number of locals vs. the number of migrants who are being held in hospitals/field hospitals... Just give 1 overall total.

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

14 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

You bought the <deleted> hook, line and sinker. I guess from facts-free CNN or the tyrannical FB. 

A  more sober analysis of Covid related death has recently revealed that only 6%  are actually from the disease itself.  

If the presence of the virus in the body means the immune system is not capable of dealing with 2 problems at the same time and the patient dies, was the death covid related or not?

If a patient dies from a heart attack because they were not treated in time due to pressure on the health service, did they die because of covid or not?

Only the delusional would think that covid is not killing people.

12 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Where are the facts that make it real?

It would be irresponsible to post false information.

15 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

The Sweden "deniers" will say things like that.Ha ha ha!Sorry couldn't resist.

7 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

Cases rising again.

It's all over. 

Too right it's all over the place!Got a house full of kids with classic covid symptoms Coughs high temps runny nose general malaise the whole works so off to the local clinic and return with the usual cough syrup and vitamin C tablets but no tests.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Thailand does targeted testing it's not interested in widespread testing which is contrary to many countries.I would ask does any country's figures reflect the true numbers of infections circulating in their country?With so many asymptomatic cases is that even possible?Does any country assert that their numbers truly reflect the real numbers of infection?Thailand has shown that it's not necessary to do widespread testing to keep numbers of deaths low or to stop the virus,as they have other methods of doing that.To answer your question,no I don't believe the official numbers from the Thai administration (I still have problems calling them a government).In fact I don't believe any of the numbers in this whole pandemic from any source as I haven't checked them myself and I am not in a position to do so.Why would I believe in numbers of which I know nothing?Do I need to believe them?No.Do you need to believe them?No.Do you want to believe them?Even if you know nothing about the numbers and how they are counted would you want to believe them?If so why?

Edited by FarFlungFalang

9 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

Sweden have put many curbs in place. Hell if you were in Thailand trying to get to Sweden the Swedish borders were closed. My Swedish friend had to go through London to get back to Sweden. 

I left Thailand and had no problem to enter Sweden, but there are no direct flights any longer. that's probably why your friend have to fly trough London. Now Sweden does not accept any travelers from UK due to the new strain of Corvid found in UK.

23 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

So I was just talking to my better half about this, and she agress with me that the numbers touted each day are nowhere near the truth. I asked her, where can we even get tested in Ubon - Is there a clinic/COVID testing booth/drive thru or something? To which she replied; No, we have to go to a hospital.

She then said; "Who's going to go and get tested anywhay when you have to pay for the test? If your infected, you can't work, your friends and family can't work, why would people bother?" This is why folks aren't getting tested - you have to pay for the test. Obviously the biggest obstacle to testing in Thailand.

Thousands of people are being tested and they do not pay

1 hour ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I left Thailand and had no problem to enter Sweden, but there are no direct flights any longer. that's probably why your friend have to fly trough London. Now Sweden does not accept any travelers from UK due to the new strain of Corvid found in UK.

Sweden has banned travel from Thailand.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:27 AM, sapson said:

An example of thailands attitude to testing.

Chatting with an ex girlfriend today, she told me a week ago she was feeling unwell sore throat slight fever general fatigue, went to the main regional hospital here in a major town in Issan.

Was told you have flu and was denied a requested Covid test because she hadnt been to the southern high risk areas and was sent home to the village with paracetamol and it was suggested she go and pay for a test at a private hospital if she was that concerned.

Her village had at least a dozen or so factory workers from the South visit over the New Year period.

Testing is being discouraged and not made freely available to the general Thai population.

Exactly, the same with my family in small town Buriram. Similar symptoms in most european countries would be encouraged to test, at no cost.

Edited by MRJOHNNY
incorrect
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

Exactly, just look at the method for recording deaths in the U.K.,  anyone that has a recorded positive test for covid within 28 days prior to death is recorded as a covid death irrespective of actual cause, be it cancer, heart attack, etc. So when we see the figures for the U.K. how  many have actually died directly from covid, furthermore many countries in the world are totally unaware of this method used by the U.K., so even though there is a major crisis in the U.K. it looks a lot worse through the eyes of many people around the world compared to other countries that do not use the same system for recording deaths.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, cyril sneer said:

that's an old case from 3 months ago so not in the numbers

I beg to differ, this is a case of a worker returning from Pattaya who worked delivering food to said gambling dens, she returned to Nang Rong  district where after a few days was diagnosed with Covid, I live locally so have heard this furthermore I seem to have some recollection of seeing it reported on this forum last week, so I don't know where you are getting your information but this case was definitely missed off the O.P. stats.https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/buriram-reports-first-covid-19-case-in-9-months

On 1/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, 2530Ubon said:

This one is updated daily, you can select your province to find out how many active cases are in your area:

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

Not no more you can't.....

Sorry. At the moment, map data and other statistics. Under construction

This has been for a few days now and I am suspicious as the same happened early in the pandemic.... I really like to see how the numbers are going in my Province and maybe even my amphoe. Any other such sources (in English).

Edited by jacko45k