Thai govt urged to impose restrictions on people's movement in Covid-19-hit provinces

webfact

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Err they did, plus worldwide !

Well the do export some of the rice and sugar to many of those countries so in that way they are facilitating the horrendous 2.5 PM air pollution caused by the crop burning debacle.

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

No celebrations for the Chinese year.

Come on be fair we got to have Songkran holidays 2 times last year, but without the party & water effects, why are we to slight the Chinese by not allowing them to have their celebrations.

We all know they don't have a problem with Covid, it's everybody else's problem.

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Not to mention increased cab fares

Farang are responsible for the human race walking on their two hind legs..... Should we revert back to four leg drive? I would make it easier getting around the cave and up the trees.

Edited by desert dueller
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Don't worry not to long and most Provincial Governors

Will start locking down just surprised its not happened sooner

Why would they do that when the curve is flattening?

Just FYI (and to show how any such thing is only a tick box exercise), I traveled from Chonburi to Buriram yesterday. No check points, nothing. The only time that I was stopped was at the Sa Keaw/Buriram border (controlled by the army) where my temperature was taken and I was waved on. I arrived home, nobody in authority knew I was there and I was completely free to roam wherever I wanted.

The Thai government, so far, has exceeded all expectations.

I hope they continue with a country wide lockdown within the next few days.

The Thai people need support from the government right now and in the future. 

The government can afford to take care and it would be incredibly sensitive of them to do so.

12 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

Almost everyone will agreee? Really?  This forum is the worst at complaining “ lockdown is ineffective” “ lockdown kills the economy” “ lockdown as a cure is worse than the disease”. I think TV only EXISTS to offer a platform for counter opinions. !!

Theres no other forum in the world that talks so much <deleted> as Thaivisa . Thats the bottom line .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

Almost everyone will agreee? Really?  This forum is the worst at complaining “ lockdown is ineffective” “ lockdown kills the economy” “ lockdown as a cure is worse than the disease”. I think TV only EXISTS to offer a platform for counter opinions. !!

TV forum is for differing views to be aired before the Loony Left & Ultra Liberals outlaw all decent against their own misguided view.

• Sad 1

On 1/11/2021 at 3:12 AM, Thaiwrath said:
On 1/11/2021 at 2:21 AM, webfact said:

The government's response to the second round of the outbreak has demonstrated a lack of unity, he said, referring to authorities changing restriction measures. 

Although nearly everyone will agree with this "expert", this government does not take criticism lightly on any matter, and he might have been better telling them discreetly, rather than doing it on social media, for his own good.

This government has never taken criticism period. Thai lives don’t matter and the people support it. From the rich to the poor, he is a God to them and whatever he deems, they follow or plane do as they please. 

If you live here long enough you can and should have seen this. 

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is astonishing that they are talking about doing this, only now. Samut province should have been locked down like a maximum security penitentiary since day one. That was a huge error and only Prayuth and Anutin are to blame for the unnecessary spread and second wave. 

Take the heat. Prayuth should offer to resign immediately, and the people, and especially the youth, should demand that. It is their right to demand a competent leader, during an emergency, especially. So my message to the administration is this. Man up. Admit you messed this one up badly. Admit the border could have been controlled if you had devoted the tens of thousands of soldiers required then, instead of now. You dropped the ball.  It seems only fair. They were getting so much praise when they had it under control. Now, they deserve to take the heat. This thing was easier to control here,

Excellent post, but supposing the unelected "PM" did resign, another ex soldier would just take over, probably similar to this "PM".

It would obviously not be wise to have a peoples election and get a proper government in during these times. The only hope would be to get a well educated person qualified in politics to be PM, and there is no way that is ever going to happen.

So we are stuck with this so called PM or in the future, another General with only the same Military Academy education.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

TV forum is for differing views to be aired before the Loony Left & Ultra Liberals outlaw all decent against their own misguided view.

Absolutely agree. freedom of expression and views should be preserved. I can't stand this modern day cancel culture. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pop3 said:

Theres no other forum in the world that talks so much <deleted> as Thaivisa . Thats the bottom line .

What a load of rubbish, sure there are a very low percentage of Thaivisa members that talk nonsense, you get all sorts of opinions here, that is what a forum is all about.

Just now, Kaopad999 said:

Anutin is next in line apparently...

Could be. Maybe I'm wrong, but I understand Anutin was educated at some American university, and despite his big mouth, would be a big improvement on the present "PM"

Anutin would be very bad PM for us Farangs, but for Thailand as a whole? Maybe.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Could be. Maybe I'm wrong, but I understand Anutin was educated at some American university, and despite his big mouth, would be a big improvement on the present "PM"

Anutin would be very bad PM for us Farangs, but for Thailand as a whole? Maybe.

Yeah, i believe it was Hofstra University in New York. 
I really don't know how much better or worse he will be than the current Prime Minister. But can't say he's exactly a very exciting prospect! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Excellent post, but supposing the unelected "PM" did resign, another ex soldier would just take over, probably similar to this "PM".

It would obviously not be wise to have a peoples election and get a proper government in during these times. The only hope would be to get a well educated person qualified in politics to be PM, and there is no way that is ever going to happen.

So we are stuck with this so called PM or in the future, another General with only the same Military Academy education.

And that is a very sad reality for the nation. Who could or would replace him? What qualified candidates are out there, even if it were possible to hold a real, democratic election? Other than FFP (whatever they are called now, due to draconian restrictions and policies imposed on any opposition parties, by the heinous and increasingly desperate army) are there any parties that represent the younger generation, and hence the future of the nation? Thanathorn appears to be the only person who might fit that bill. 

The army could not have possibly picked a worse time to show their extreme desperation and fear of losing their power. They claim they want to restart tourism. They claim they want to attract more foreign investment. Yet, everything they do is destroying the dreams, hopes, aspirations, careers, and future of the nation. They are the most regressive force possible. What sacrifices are these cowards willing to make for their people? None. It is all about the guys at the top, and the protection of the ivory tower and fortunes that are being made by the 00.2%.

I suspect the future is not going to be kind to these guys. May the youth prevail! 

Utter desperation on the part of brain dead dinosaur nitwits, who cannot adapt, cannot think on their feet, cannot lead the nation forward and cannot comprehend the sentiment of the nation, nor why they are so stunningly unpopular, and despised. They are so afraid, so gripped by panic, they will try anything, without giving a moments thought to the consequences. This is just another eventual nail in the coffin. Hopefully, it will encourage the older folks to shake off their inertia, and get involved, finally. The army must go. Prayuth must go, if Thailand has any hope of moving forward, from this self created abyss. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And that is a very sad reality for the nation. Who could or would replace him? What qualified candidates are out there, even if it were possible to hold a real, democratic election? Other than FFP (whatever they are called now, due to draconian restrictions and policies imposed on any opposition parties, by the heinous and increasingly desperate army) are there any parties that represent the younger generation, and hence the future of the nation? Thanathorn appears to be the only person who might fit that bill. 

The army could not have possibly picked a worse time to show their extreme desperation and fear of losing their power. They claim they want to restart tourism. They claim they want to attract more foreign investment. Yet, everything they do is destroying the dreams, hopes, aspirations, careers, and future of the nation. They are the most regressive force possible. What sacrifices are these cowards willing to make for their people? None. It is all about the guys at the top, and the protection of the ivory tower and fortunes that are being made by the 00.2%.

I suspect the future is not going to be kind to these guys. May the youth prevail! 

Utter desperation on the part of brain dead dinosaur nitwits, who cannot adapt, cannot think on their feet, cannot lead the nation forward and cannot comprehend the sentiment of the nation, nor why they are so stunningly unpopular, and despised. They are so afraid, so gripped by panic, they will try anything, without giving a moments thought to the consequences. This is just another eventual nail in the coffin. Hopefully, it will encourage the older folks to shake off their inertia, and get involved, finally. The army must go. Prayuth must go, if Thailand has any hope of moving forward, from this self created abyss. 

I cannot disagree with anything you have said, You always write super long posts which I always read right through, and there is never anything I disagree with. All I can say is keep it up.

• Thanks 1