Sinovac's vaccine efficacy less than 60% in Brazil trial -report

webfact

6 hours ago, Virt said:

Now we have 2 anecdotes. 

Wow it's almost a study ????

I've never had a flu shot and I've had the flu a number of times and recovered. I don't fancy my chances with COVID-19. So I will get the vaccine.  Now we have 3 anecdotes, only another 30,000 required for this study.

15 hours ago, Estrada said:

This is the first vaccine to arrive. It has a similar effectiveness as a conventional flu vaccine (50%) because it is based on an inactivated COVID-19 Virion. A year ago they were hoping for a vaccine that was 50% effective but the new Mrna Vaccines are >95% effective. Thailand will be manufacturing the AstraZeneca Mrna vaccine here soon, the Chinese vaccine is a stop gap measure. The AstraZeneca vaccine other vaccines will be arriving later.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is not Mrna.

"The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is based on the virus’s genetic instructions for building the spike protein. But unlike the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, which store the instructions in single-stranded RNA, the Oxford vaccine uses double-stranded DNA."

How the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Works - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Estrada said:

I've never had a flu shot and I've had the flu a number of times and recovered. I don't fancy my chances with COVID-19. So I will get the vaccine.  Now we have 3 anecdotes, only another 30,000 required for this study.

Ok here is the 4th ????

Had the flu a lot of times but never had it after I got my flu shot. 

Only had 1 flu shot though 2 months ago and flu is really down these days, because of restriction. 

In the same period where Denmark had 1000 cases last flu season we had 20 so far. 

Getting my covid-19 shot too. 

Less risk of getting covid-19 and not being a part of the problem with overburdened health care system. 

More importantly it hopefully also helps against not developing long term side effects that covid-19 do amongst all age groups. 

The list of long term side effects from covid-19 are crazy, and normal people get them too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Virt said:

Ok here is the 4th ????

Had the flu a lot of times but never had it after I got my flu shot. 

Only had 1 flu shot though 2 months ago and flu is really down these days, because of restriction. 

In the same period where Denmark had 1000 cases last flu season we had 20 so far. 

Getting my covid-19 shot too. 

Less risk of getting covid-19 and not being a part of the problem with overburdened health care system. 

More importantly it hopefully also helps against not developing long term side effects that covid-19 do amongst all age groups. 

The list of long term side effects from covid-19 are crazy, and normal people get them too. 

Many covid deniers point to the fact there is a low death rate.  That's true.  But like you said, it's the long term effects that scare me.  I've got 2 friends who 5 months later, are still experiencing problems.  Trouble breathing, loss of hair, loss of taste, no energy, etc.  Not to mention, I'd rather not spend a few weeks in the hospital ICU fighting this thing.

I'll get the jab as soon as I can.  Just not this one!! LOL

• Like 2