Got my tr visa and coe

Got the visa in a few hours and the coe within 20 hours. I just arrived in thailand I'm on day zero. But I have to say beside the quarantine the airport process seemed alot faster even though aleast 8 different people checked my paperwork. 

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It maybe helpful to let people know where and what type of visa you received.

Also where you applied for the CoE. 

Sure I got my visa from the New York consulate. It took just under 2 hours to get it. If you can go to a consulate instead of mailing it this is the best option.  I got the coe from https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

To be sure of my paper work I took two covid test and 2 fit to fly. These are the 2 that I used.

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/F2F-Form-2.pdf

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/F2F-Form-1-1.pdf

Looking back. The hard part of this was the covid test timeline. It is nearly impossible to get quick results. 

I got my results quick but my flight with swiss was delayed 8 hours. Then the transit flight from Switzerland was delayed 2 hours. Not sure in the end what the timeline was but I got two covid test on January 14 - results on 15. Flight on 15. Arrive in thailand on 17. 

33 minutes ago, salpap said:

Please are you in quarantine now and where ,how long the  costs of quarantine is how much.

thank you

Yes I'm in quarantine now. It cost me about $1300usd for 15 days. I booked it through agoda. I chose to used them because I wanted to pay for the hotel at the last possible minute. 

https://www.agoda.com/quarantineth?site_id=1888621&tag=6f453d6e-99cb-4f43-b842-b9e568f0208b&device=m&network=g&adid=483191748889&rand=964036874273767722&expid=&adpos=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA3Y-ABhCnARIsAKYDH7v-qpVmj6N1r3lemJ4aVT1lFgTFsk2U9sLEZMjOybIMzdZ4Efc5CeYaAvEqEALw_wcB&checkin=2021-01-20&checkout=2021-02-04&adults=1&childs=0&rooms=1&los=15

53 minutes ago, Issanman said:

On what date did you first apply for your COE? 

I applied for the thai visa january 6 at 2pm. When I got home at 7pm I applied for the coe. At the consulate they told me it may take a few days. I was denied the coe on January 7 about 11am because I put the wrong flight number. After fixing it and resending, I was accepted and emailed the coe 45 minutes later.

Thank you for your fast reply ,anyway in quarantine is not much to do ,how long are you staying in Thailand, and if is Worthing  the 15 days,

we are also every year  coming to Thailand for 2 months since 1995 ,and we still concern the 15 days quarantine, anyway we wish you to be healthy and enjoy Thailand as much we always do 

regards George

12 hours ago, Shey420 said:

Got the visa in a few hours and the coe within 20 hours. I just arrived in thailand I'm on day zero. But I have to say beside the quarantine the airport process seemed alot faster even though aleast 8 different people checked my paperwork. 

Can you tell us 
What paperwork do they check?
How they check...i what way they check?

They make a call to the ASQ Hotel or They call the  Insurance company?
Thanks

13 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Can you tell us 

Thanks

I went through ASQ in July (and will go through ASQ again in a 2 months) - my experience may be out of date: 

The CoE application requires flight tickets, Insurance and ASQ Booking, T8 form.

Airline Check in requires: The above plus CoE, Covid-19 Negative Certificate, Fit to Fly Certificate. 

I have no idea if any realtime checks of Insurance or Covid-19 tests are made - I guess at any time checks could be made if there is suspicion of fake documents.

Upon arrival in Bangkok they will have a record of your ASQ booking and that is cross checked (there are lots of Airline staff (in hazmat suits) checking your documents and cross checking you off a list).

5 hours ago, salpap said:

Thank you for your fast reply ,anyway in quarantine is not much to do ,how long are you staying in Thailand, and if is Worthing  the 15 days,

we are also every year  coming to Thailand for 2 months since 1995 ,and we still concern the 15 days quarantine, anyway we wish you to be healthy and enjoy Thailand as much we always do 

regards George

This not for everyone. I rode back to the hotel with 2 other guest at the same hotel in a nice looking van. Looking outside the window seeing places I wanted to go.. Thinking of things I wanted to do... Once I got into the room that was it. No more outside for 15 days. This is definitely suited for people who work online or maybe your trying to learn something online for 15 day. Make sure to bring a laptop and and a few books. If you don't play games, start. Fill your day with activities. This first day went by fast because it was a rest day. Now the true test begins 

4 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Can you tell us 
What paperwork do they

It's definitely like Richard said fit to fly, insurance, asq booking, covid negative,  tm8 and tm.6 (which you get on the flight to Bangkok). I also gave them a bank statement but they really didn't check that one.

I didn't have the tm.6 with me but that had one available for people who didn't have that and they filled it out. No calls were ever made to anyone 

5 hours ago, salpap said:
Thank you for your fast reply ,anyway in quarantine is not much to do ,how long are you staying in Thailand, and if is Worthing  the 15 days,

we are also every year  coming to Thailand for 2 months since 1995 ,and we still concern the 15 days quarantine, anyway we wish you to be healthy and enjoy Thailand as much we always do 

regards George

Click and drag to move

4 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:
Can you tell us 

They make a call to the ASQ Hotel or They call the  Insurance company?
Thanks

check?

Thanks

It's definitely like Richard said fit to fly, insurance, asq booking, covid negative,  tm8 and tm.6 (which you get on the flight to Bangkok). I also gave them a bank statement but they really didn't check that one.

I didn't have the tm.6 with me but that had one available for people who didn't have that and they filled it out. No calls were ever made to anyone. The people from the asq and airport are working hand and hand. 

2 hours ago, Schlepenstein said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Did you have to print and take your own F2F forms to a doctor's office because they might not have anything like that of their own?

The the 2 f2f forms I printed myself are in the links at the top.  These are definitely good to use. When I took it to the doctors they said they had never seen this before. I filled in my parts and he signed his name and stamped them

Archived