Forgot to pay a traffic ticket

hasitha77

7 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

That arguably makes you a criminal for evading a fine that is properly due. Your good fortune rests solely in the fact tat Thailand has not yet managed to get it's act together with an integrated system.

That said, I shall now ignore my latest speeding fine to see if you are right ????

Really a criminal ? What about having had many businesses in my homecrountry and in Thailand but never having paid $1 of tax ?

i must be a kind of al capone ????

So funny when people import their home <deleted>rules to Thailand and feel surprise that people smarter than them don't follow them ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

maybe because anything that draws attention to yourself here can be a very bad thing and can turn around and bite you at any time.  I was told by a friend who had lived here for many years, to adopt the 'grey man' persona and stay in the background of and in everything.  Good advice I think. 

yes i met many ballsless people foreigners in this country...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

maybe because anything that draws attention to yourself here can be a very bad thing and can turn around and bite you at any time.  I was told by a friend who had lived here for many years, to adopt the 'grey man' persona and stay in the background of and in everything.  Good advice I think. 

Totally agree with blending in, very good advice and advice i was given many years ago.

Blending in means driving like everyone else which seems to be very fast, as mentioned i don't know anyone that pays their fines so i'm blending in fine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Paid a ticket sent to me via mail at the main post office in Pak Chong. Gave me a receipt.  Village branch post office looked at me like I had three eyeballs when I asked to pay there.   Why did I pay the ticket?  Because it is what is required by law and I try to follow them no matter whether enforced or not.  One day maybe it will be enforced to pay then the message boards will be full of complaints.

There is really no need to pay.

When (if) the highway dept is ever linked to L & T dept and it becomes an issue to register ( or tax ) vehicles due to outstanding fines, only then will i settle my balance, until then - no chance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samtab said:

Really a criminal ? What about having had many businesses in my homecrountry and in Thailand but never having paid $1 of tax ?

i must be a kind of al capone ????

So funny when people import their home <deleted>rules to Thailand and feel surprise that people smarter than them don't follow them ????

What a moronic and arrogant response........ you seem proud of your felonies.

Nothing about importing rules, these are 'Thai rules'. Commit an offense, pay a penalty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I learned that you can NOT pay highway tickets at the police station.

Only "local" tickets (issued by local police).

No other way than paying at terribly crowded Krungthai bank.

I didn't find a way to pay online, not even at the ATM if you don't have a Krungthai account.

I guess your tickets have the Krungthai logo, sent by Krungthai?

Can't tell what to do with overdue tickets.

Try your luck at Krungthai.

Also possible to pay at any post office nationwide

• Thanks 1

And the ones bragging about being persistent offenders themselves, getting away with it and proud of it, are the ones that complain about Thai driving of course. Somebody in charge should be disapproving of this attitude big time! I look forward to that!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Nothing about importing rules, these are 'Thai rules'. Commit an offense, pay a penalty. 

You're wrong, commit offense, don't pay penalty life goes one, nuff said.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

And the ones bragging about being persistent offenders themselves, getting away with it and proud of it, are the ones that complain about Thai driving of course. Somebody in charge should be disapproving of this attitude big time! I look forward to that!

I drive fast, so what.....so does everyone else.

I don't complain about the locals driving, up to them as it's up to me.......not you.

• Like 1

I look at it like this, follow the rules the best you can in the country you're in be it Thailand, Australia or Fiji, not in your own country anymore.  Locals don't follow the rules, their home country. Just like my Thai family when we moved to the my home country for a while, they didn't understand a lot of the rules  but they were respectful of the rule and laws.  No matter if the rules are enforced or not you should try to follow the rules best you can.  Sometimes is hard such as the recent quarantine or immigration rules, clear as mud. But following traffic rules, come on get real.  The ones who talk about not obeying traffic rules are the ones who probably complain about locals terrible driving and drive terrible themselves except in their own mind.  Set an example of following rules which I know may be a foreign concept to some.  Village used to laugh at me about following the rules but now some are onboard and correcting others. Now they yell at people going 90 Kph through a school zone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't complain about the locals driving, up to them as it's up to me.......not you.

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So one of those I am talking about! If you drive fast and break the law you are NOT a good driver!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

lol.

sorry dad, i'll slow down and stick to the speed limits because that'll make you happy....doubt it

lol.

sorry dad, i'll slow down and stick to the speed limits because that'll make you happy....doubt it

lol.

You wouldn't say that to a Judge in court, you would soon become an ex driver!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

You wouldn't say that to a Judge in court, you would soon become an ex driver!

You don't go to court here ( or many other places ) for speeding tickets, that i'm aware of.

You stick to the speed limits ( apparently ), i don't judge you, likewise you have no right to judge me, deal with it.

• Like 1

You don't go to court here ( or many other places ) for speeding tickets, that i'm aware of.

You stick to the speed limits ( apparently ), i don't judge you, likewise you have no right to judge me, deal with it.

You have been judged, deal with it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

lol.

Spoken like a real child ????

Up to you whether you exceed the speed limits or not - but pay up if you are caught. 

You would not evade the good old 'stand and deliver' police speed checks and I suspect in due course they will get their act together with their systems.

• Haha 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Spoken like a real child ????

Up to you whether you exceed the speed limits or not - but pay up if you are caught. 

You would not evade the good old 'stand and deliver' police speed checks and I suspect in due course they will get their act together with their systems.

When they get their act together i'll pay up, but not until then.

I'll flash my lights a meter from your bumper when i want past you as your sticking to the speed limits, pls move out my way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

yes, and I also take drugs here as anywhere else I want, legal or not, what do you think ?!

hahaha funny dryballs <3

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

When they get their act together i'll pay up, but not until then.

I'll flash my lights a meter from your bumper when i want past you as your sticking to the speed limits, pls move out my way.

Do you also drive and AMG ? only 1 time I had another AMG tailgating me, but as I only respect people driving german and italian cars, I moved to the left lane.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, hasitha77 said:

Simply cannot stop in time. Too late to step on the break.  Misjudgment of the speed.  
Luckily I haven't had a red light ticket yet ????

And fined 3 times for speeding the same day !    you really need to address your driving . SLOW DOWN. You also go on to say "I usually pay fines....." blah blah     It sounds like you are a s@i* driver to keep getting fined.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And fined 3 times for speeding the same day !    you really need to address your driving . SLOW DOWN. You also go on to say "I usually pay fines....." blah blah     It sounds like you are a s@i* driver to keep getting fined.

lmao.  Drive of a 1000+km on a 3 lane highway without any major traffic at a speed of 120km/h and get 3 highspeed tickets does make u a shyt driver?  What a logic mate.!! 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

SLOW DOWN

May be you and your TR*SH car is too old to drive fast. Sorry about that. 

• Sad 1