Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Where is the most desirable place to live in Thailand currently?

cyril sneer

2 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I first came to Thailand in the 1970s

Been living here for over a decade. 
two years ago I decided to find the best place in Thailand and move there.

I searched and searched. I wanted clean air, a clean beach, clean streets, no high rise, nature but still with amenities.

I found it. Natai Beach in Phangnga province. Only 30 minutes from Phuket Airport.

The local town (Khok Kloy) is inland 3 kilometers, so you don’t have all the local businesses spoiling the beach area. 
There is a little town Khao Pilai with about 50 local houses at one end, but basically it is just high end resorts and villas here. 

This is where the hiso thais like to holiday, last week I walked past superstar Chompoo who was down for the weekend staying at Baba Beach club, which is just a short stroll from my house. The kings oldest sister holidays down here also. 

The local orbortor actively keeps it all spick and span and the locals are also aware of disposing their rubbish responsibly. Nearly all the take away shops use cardboard containers and not foam after a directive from the mayor. 

It’s nickname is Billionaire Beach. I won’t name drop, but the richest Thai families have houses along the Beach. 

https://web.facebook.com/pg/BabaBeachClub/photos/?ref=page_internal

Some photos of me hanging out with the rich and famous on Natai Beach above.

it also has surfable waves 6 months of the year.

If anyone can find better, let me know, and I will move there. Not only the best place in Thailand, Natai Beach is the best place on earth.

BEAB6F00-FA0F-4FA7-800F-7698B0F2BE93.thumb.jpeg.c4c81a9c3b377108c7cc7b8f279b50a0.jpeg

135AEE40-9731-4991-9E9A-1700CFA856B8.jpeg

0D57905C-85B6-4682-9E8C-F6BCD740696B.jpeg

A9D4FA04-04A1-4F65-92D6-A913EAB7C73C.jpeg

Sweet ???? 

I stayed some few months at Koh Yao Noi where I was kayaking and diving. It was nice back then, but no idea how it is now and what happend to the island the last 16 years. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Sweet ???? 

I stayed some few months at Koh Yao Noi where I was kayaking and diving. It was nice back then, but no idea how it is now and what happend to the island the last 16 years. 

it is still good, not overdeveloped.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I first came to Thailand in the 1970s

Been living here for over a decade. 
two years ago I decided to find the best place in Thailand and move there.

I searched and searched. I wanted clean air, a clean beach, clean streets, no high rise, nature but still with amenities.

I found it. Natai Beach in Phangnga province. Only 30 minutes from Phuket Airport.

The local town (Khok Kloy) is inland 3 kilometers, so you don’t have all the local businesses spoiling the beach area. 
There is a little town Khao Pilai with about 50 local houses at one end, but basically it is just high end resorts and villas here. 

This is where the hiso thais like to holiday, last week I walked past superstar Chompoo who was down for the weekend staying at Baba Beach club, which is just a short stroll from my house. The kings oldest sister holidays down here also. 

The local orbortor actively keeps it all spick and span and the locals are also aware of disposing their rubbish responsibly. Nearly all the take away shops use cardboard containers and not foam after a directive from the mayor. 

It’s nickname is Billionaire Beach. I won’t name drop, but the richest Thai families have houses along the Beach. 

https://web.facebook.com/pg/BabaBeachClub/photos/?ref=page_internal

Some photos of me hanging out with the rich and famous on Natai Beach above.

it also has surfable waves 6 months of the year.

If anyone can find better, let me know, and I will move there. Not only the best place in Thailand, Natai Beach is the best place on earth.

BEAB6F00-FA0F-4FA7-800F-7698B0F2BE93.thumb.jpeg.c4c81a9c3b377108c7cc7b8f279b50a0.jpeg

Erm...  :coffee1: :whistling:

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 22.12.14.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Im quite sure some of them have at least one sponsor who helping them as well to get on their feet. 

I am sure the prettier ones are off their feet quite a bit .........

2 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

it is still good, not overdeveloped.

. Perfect roundtrip I had back then where I started  in Patong, Tonsai beach Ao Nang, Koh Phayam, Koh Yao Noi, and last Koh Tao before I spent some few days in Patong again and back home to work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

I am sure the prettier ones are off their feet quite a bit .........

I have been surprised more than once who manage more than one sponsor at the same time. Translated some e-mails for a 55 year old woman back in the days, and she was still going strong. 

Just now, Tagged said:

I have been surprised more than once who manage more than one sponsor at the same time. Translated some e-mails for a 55 year old woman back in the days, and she was still going strong. 

and i was surprised more than once when the lovely lass i was with put her finger over her mouth 

as we were frollicking the time away.        

with time the "surprise" factor becomes more a realization of the reality.   

darling to sponsor "  I miss you too mutt, !  "   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Now that all the tourist areas have become ghost towns, where would be the most desirable place to live in 2021?

My vote would for most desirable would be to board yourself into a brewery with 20 go-go dancers - unfortunately I doubt my wife would go along with it

1 hour ago, rumak said:

and i was surprised more than once when the lovely lass i was with put her finger over her mouth 

as we were frollicking the time away.        

with time the "surprise" factor becomes more a realization of the reality.   

darling to sponsor "  I miss you too mutt, !  "   

however I can understand it, and as one  said, you are not married before you are married, and still allowed to get some taste of life. 

45 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

yes, and post-covid

I used to spend a month a year in Samui but that's obviously not an option anymore... 

Samui is the best its ever been unless you are poor and/or love tourists.  Everything is much cleaner, infrastructure is improving, and plenty of restaurants are still open.  I have been here for seventeen years and it's wonderful right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tagged said:

That dependes what you like to do? 

Right now Koh Larn so I can fly paraglider.

When I was climbing aTonsai beach a layback place.

When I was diving and freediving Khao Lak, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao

Relaxed city life Hua Hin

Now I am driving motorbike close to Petchabun. And have absolutely fall in love with Loei and Chiang Khan, Nan and Chiang Rai.

Its all about what you like to do? 

Koh larn is closed