postage from the Netherlands

robblok

Before covid i got many packages from the Netherlands now I get less as i buy less and let my parents send less. Before it would take under 2 weeks to get to my home. Now I would say it takes 3 weeks or more.

I wonder if other people from the Netherlands have the same problem. I know that the UK has problems too and US is going a bit slower too. Just trying to figure out if 3 weeks is the new norm or is it a luck of the draw sometimes faster sometimes slower.

I know its because of a lack of air transport. Just curious. I am waiting for a package and I am an inpatient guy. I think ill have to wait an other week.

Some X-mas cards sent from the Netherlands in early December never showed up (so that's about 6 weeks now), while a letter (sent from a different city) took more than 3 weeks. It is not necessarily due to a lack of flights as KLM has (at least) one flight a day, limited to cargo on the AMS-BKK section. 

6 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Strange that you mention this.

From Den Haag,  - dispatch date, 13-1-2021  - arrived yesterday.

Good size package too..

Hmmm strange my package was send later and still is not here. Having said that i have no clue how things go. According to the tracking data it was send the 11th outside of the country (before that it was waiting to be shipped international). Will see I don't worry about it being lost as its tracked and havent lost anything yet. Just curious if it varied. Last shipment took over 3 weeks. So its still within that range.

From the UK my brother sent me my new credit card with Royal Mail International track and sign. After a week it left Heathrow (customs) and a week later it got to my local Thai Post office. However on the UK track and trace it said 'unknown address, return to sender'.

After a slight panic I went to the home of the local postie (otherwise known as the Post Office) and he saw me coming and waved my card at me. No idea why Thai Post showed delivered while RM said RTS.

So 2 weeks to get here.

I have to post some legal papers to the UK soon and will use DHL, and also I see they have just ordered 6 large cargo Boeings for next year so they must be doing OK out of Covid.

UK Pensions posted me a letter on 27 November - not arrived yet, not expecting it anytime soon.