Pattaya Buy Car Fuses Box, do you know where ? And are BMW and MercedesBenz fuses just like any other cars fuses ?

samtab

1 hour ago, samtab said:

hello,

Do you know where to buy a box of spare car fuses around Pattaya and if they can be used on BMW and Benz ? (are they standard ?)

Thanks to all !

Open the fuse compartment and check. 

Realistically, a fuse is a fuse..... you obviously need to ensure you are replacing the fuse with a new one of the correct (same) amperage.

If you can’t find any at an electrical store / mechanics etc..  you will be able to find some and order from Lazada. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Open the fuse compartment and check. 

Realistically, a fuse is a fuse..... you obviously need to ensure you are replacing the fuse with a new one of the correct (same) amperage.

If you can’t find any at an electrical store / mechanics etc..  you will be able to find some and order from Lazada. 

I have seen the flat fuse type come in two sizes, but most rides use the same size type fuse.

Mr.DIY may be worth a look for a box of spares. 

https://www.mrdiy.com.my/car-sun-plug-in-fuses-10pcs-9002055-001001

• Like 2

There are at least half a dozen different car fuse styles, and each style comes in a variety of current ratings.

If its a modern BMW or MB it will use ATC/ATO blade fuses (20mm long) and/or ATM (11mm long).  The vehicle will have more than one fuse box and also 'fusible links' on high current circuits - buy replacements for those from the dealer.

Older 'classic' vehicles will likely use Bosch 'torpedo' fuses (25mm ceramic body).

Buy a box of mixed values from Lazada - not expensive. Always replace with same current value (they are colour coded).

• Like 1

I remember a friend of mine in the UK who repaired washing machines etc and made a good living from it  once asking me if the 5 Amp fuse for cars was the same as 5 Amps for household electricals.

• Like 1

At the Nakhula traffic light (Po Ngam rd/soi 14/1) on Sukumvit on the right hand side going out of town is an auto-parts store. Brightly coloured frontage with pictures of trucks etc. 

It is almost directly under the "southbound "light adjacent to the crosswalk.Turn left and park in the small side street.  

https://goo.gl/maps/oH1v6TSViKxcu4iF6

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1