Process for Purchasing a Used Car

pj123

I am looking at buying a used car but I do not know the process for purchasing and registering a car.

Seller may be a tent or private seller.

Any advice on how to safely purchase and transfer ownership would be welcome.

• Haha 1

Yep as giddyup says - tents will usually sort this out for you if u buy from them. Another option (as opposed to going to the DLT yourself) is that your local Somchai repair shop will likely have a runner that does this service also.  If i buy second hand from Kaidee or bahtsold i usually drop it in for a full service with him and get him to do the paper work also. I just sign and give copies as needed. My last truck needed an engine change so the blue book had to have the engine serial number updated - they took care no issues. Think they even had to go to Chatuchak for that (I live right beside Bang Chak) 

• Thanks 1

To give you one experience from me, I supposed you don't need it but if you need a financing, don't go to Kungsri bank, they do so terrible difficult, especially to the person who'll get the money.

I sell now the 5th car, and 4 of them through a trading company without any hassle, but the last one, a Thai guy like to buy and need a financing, Krungsri give him the financing.

But before I got my money....

Cash? impossible, I did not have a account on that bank, have to open an account, after days waiting for transfering the money to that account....NO, the account is not good, so have to close that account and have to open a new account, and then they need a tambian baan, I don't have, so my GF have to come in....unbelievable what a st*pid bank.

• Thanks 1