Great Sandwiches And Burgers In Bangkok?

full of pushy hookers

altho it is in Nana Plaza, they are waitresses and there about 4 per shift

:o

Well, the wait staff might be ex-hookers, but I was there through 3 beers and never got propositioned. Come on, this is silly. I already mentioned in my review that this was in Nana and scweamish need not go. This burger doesn't compare to a fast food place.

The only reason I go to Nana Plaza these days is to get a Big Mango burger – I have never been bothered by the staff for anything but my order. The owners/managers do an excellent job of maintaining customer satisfaction. If every pub/bar owner tried as hard as these guys, my life in Thailand would be a lot easier. That being said, it is still in Nana and I would not bring a date or anything. As mentioned, it would be great if they would improve the french fries.

full of pushy hookers

Well, the wait staff might be ex-hookers, but I was there through 3 beers and never got propositioned. Come on, this is silly. I already mentioned in my review that this was in Nana and scweamish need not go. This burger doesn't compare to a fast food place.

The only reason I go to Nana Plaza these days is to get a Big Mango burger – I have never been bothered by the staff for anything but my order. The owners/managers do an excellent job of maintaining customer satisfaction. If every pub/bar owner tried as hard as these guys, my life in Thailand would be a lot easier. That being said, it is still in Nana and I would not bring a date or anything. As mentioned, it would be great if they would improve the french fries.

JR Texas: I am so hungry for a genuine cheeseburger......just went to McDonalds.....makes absolutely worst burgers on the planet and makes me wonder why they are so successful. The next time I am in Bangkok I am going to go to the Big Mango and check it out.....sounds real good.

Hey JR Texas, which one sounds real good, the burgers or the pushy hookers ? Both have their value, depending on your mood, and apatite of course. :o

JRTexas to KhunDennis: Actually, I have never been there so know nothing about the place other than it is supposed to have good burgers...pushy hookers.......I really do not mind it when they push, pull, push, pull, push, pull....... :D

McDonalds Thailand now has double Bic Mac, with 4 patties instead of 2.

Problem is.... it's still only 1 slice of cheese! (For four beef patties!)

Can hardly taste the cheese and it's dry. :o

Burger King charges A LOT for cheese and McDonalds throws it in for free. Can't get too upset. :D

This ought to be interesting, so where can you find the best sandwiches and burgers in Bangkok?

As far as sandwiches go, I'm almost clueless, but the Garden Cafe (or whatever it's called) in the Landmark Hotel does a semi-decent Reuben. That's it. Please don't say Subway. Subway is to the sandwich as Burger King or McDonald's is to the burger. And I don't like what I call '<deleted>-<deleted>' sandwiches like those served at Snax in Amarin Plaza or even snobbier at The Oriental Hotel Shop.

The Hard Rock Cafe has some decent ones, but it's a tourist trap and has the stench of the party the night before as well as jaded staff.

As far as burgers go, and I've been just about everywhere, my top three are (in no particular order): Tony Roma's, The Londoner Brew Pub and The Outback Steakhouse.

11 years in the 'Kok and still searching.

Edited by mauiguy90

JR Texas: Wish I knew of one place that served a real hamburger at a decent price, but do not know of one in all of Thailand.

The best by a land slide American style hamburger I have had in Bangkok is at the Bus Stop. Sukhumvit Soi 4. Bacon cheeseburger 90baht. They tast sooo good, exactly the way they would back home (in the U.S that is). They don't use those tasteless beef preformed patties. I've tried many in BKK and think they win by far as the juiciest with the most flavor.

Others have recommended the food cart stationed right outside of Nana Plaza. As far as I am concerned, they were a littlebit tasteless and lacking in home-grown quality flavor.

Have you tried the Garage in All Seasons Place? The burgers their are expensive (and the bun needs some work), but the meat is really, really good. They have something called a heartattack burger (or similar, I have not been their in a while), that is litterally death on a bun with all the cheese and bacon ect, ect. The fries are large cut, but they don't give you many.

I've eaten at the Garage and the burger is very good. However, they need to work on quality control as the burger I ate contained a piece of metal, which appeared to be part of a gear from the meat grinder. I left a message for the owner manager to get back to me, which he never did. Typical! Yes, the meat is very good but watch out for that gristle!!! If you eat there, chew carefully before you swallow!

full of pushy hookers

JR Texas: I am so hungry for a genuine cheeseburger......just went to McDonalds.....makes absolutely worst burgers on the planet and makes me wonder why they are so successful. The next time I am in Bangkok I am going to go to the Big Mango and check it out.....sounds real good.

Went again to Big Mango last evening. Absolutely best burger I've seen in Thailand. If they added home made fries it would be a home run.

• 5 weeks later...

Not the best, but a GREAT DEAL:

Double Big Mac Value Meal, Supersized, with extra cheese.

129 baht plus 20 for the supersize plus 10 for the cheese. Total of 159 baht.

Double Big Mac comes with 4 (small) patties instead of 2.

Supersized will give you GIANT drink and fries. (Be sure to ask for the supersize for 20 baht and not just the upsize for 10 baht)

Extra Cheese has 2 benefits:

1) Extra Cheese! (The one-slice default amount is inadequate in powering 4 patties)

2) Because it's not the default amount of cheese, they make you a NEW juicy sandwich instead of giving you the DRY standard ones sitting under the heat lamps.

For those of you who "hate" McDs... sorry. :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Not the best, but a GREAT DEAL:

Double Big Mac Value Meal, Supersized, with extra cheese.

129 baht plus 20 for the supersize plus 10 for the cheese. Total of 159 baht.

Double Big Mac comes with 4 (small) patties instead of 2.

Supersized will give you GIANT drink and fries. (Be sure to ask for the supersize for 20 baht and not just the upsize for 10 baht)

Extra Cheese has 2 benefits:

1) Extra Cheese! (The one-slice default amount is inadequate in powering 4 patties)

2) Because it's not the default amount of cheese, they make you a NEW juicy sandwich instead of giving you the DRY standard ones sitting under the heat lamps.

For those of you who "hate" McDs... sorry. :o

i need to take a dump just reading about it.

Mike's Burgers is now open on Silom right next to the Sala Daeng BTS station.

Had one the other day and it was close to the Chiang Mai standard. Think the staff needs a few more weeks of seasoning before it meets the same standards as CNX. Also, took forever to get served due to new staff.

Hi

I heard somewhere that Triple O whitespot burgers are coming to Thailand? But no sign so far.... hope they come soon: great burgers but go easy on the sauce...

They have opened at Central World - 7th floor near Supermarket.

Seeing as I am something of a burger junkie, I figured this would be a good choice for my first posting to this forum :o

I am surprised nobody else has rated their burgers, but without a doubt the best burger in Bangkok can be found at O'Brians on Sukhumvit (between Soi 3 and 5). Their bacon/egg/cheese burger is FANTASTIC. Great beef, toasted buns, fresh bacon and egg fried up in front of you etc. My only complaint is the cost, they are a little pricy, even more so now because they hiked up their prices by a massive 20% a few months ago which I thought was a bit much, but they are open 24hrs a day and as I said do make a tasty burger.

I have tried most of the burgers recommended on this thread. Big Mango burgers are pretty good and offer better value than some of the others (especially the happy hour priced ones) but are definitely not as good as O'Brians. The Nana burgers outside definitely hit the spot and can be tasty but the quality of the meat is not very good and I tend not to eat them anymore because of their "after effects" shall we say. Tony Romas make a quality burger but it is very pricy, although the Emporium Food Court version is a little cheaper than in the restaurant. Sizzlers dont do a bad burger either it has to be said, it is a little pricy (B270 I think?) but you do get fries/baked potato and unlimited salad bar with that so it kinda evens out.

Oh, and anyone who seriously considers McDonalds burgers as an option here really need to go and try some of the other places mentioned in this thread! I cant even eat them anymore, just the thought of eating McDonalds nowadays makes me queazy... I have not tried The Garage, Mos, or Triple 0 yet, but I will investigate these options soon and report back :D

Oh, and anyone who seriously considers McDonalds burgers as an option here really need to go and try some of the other places mentioned in this thread!

I go to McDonalds for a Big Mac, not a hambuger, and if you want a Big Mac, they taste just like they are supposed to. The truth is that 99% of the hambugers in Thailand suck - the beef is just not good quality - so Big Macs or Whoppers make a pretty good alternative for a much cheaper price. :o