Waiting period for marriage extension

Hi,

If I submit my application for a marriage extension 11 days before the expiry of my retirement extension will the immigration office give me an extension stamp in my passport to cover the period I have to wait ?

If so how long for and will it commence from the date of application or from the date the retirement expires ?

Thanks in advance.

You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that will be 30 days from the day you apply or from the day your current extension ends. The stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Will commence from date of application since you are changing from based on retirement to based on marriage.

Also be aware that you will have to provide evidence

1 - that you met the conditions for your current retirement extension in the 12-13 months preceding your application;

2 - that you meet the conditions for the new marriage extension you are applying for.

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Yes, it's strange that visiting immigration doesn't reset the 90 days

Some - but not all - IOs do reset your 90-day 'next appointment' when applying for a 1-year extension of stay.  When they do, they will provide you with a notification, often stapled in your passport, showing that next appointment date.  Without such notification, your 90-day cycle simply continues and is not reset.

18 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Yes they did that on my last retirement application so hopefully this time also. It is the Phetchaburi office who are quite friendly

I just did my marriage extension and my 90 days which I do online expires on 6 February.

IO told me to come back on 28 February for the stamp, albeit it's a Sunday, and all the IO did was write in pen on my 90 day report 28 February, so I believe he gave me an extension on my 90 days till then and then I will apply for another 90 days when I go to get the stamp in the passport on 1 March.

Edit: I think from now on I will ring before I go to do any future marriage extensions, just to see if they make any changes as I have been caught out twice with changes the last two time, 2020 was an updated Kor Ror 2 which we never submitted before, and this time, they wanted all stamped passport pages stamped, whereas before it was just the front page, copy of extension stamp and 90 days report, they also didn't want the house book pages. Had to drive up the road to get the passport pages photocopied, a little pain, although they could have had a service there to do it, which would have been more convenient.

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have been caught out twice with changes the last two time, 2020 was an updated Kor Ror 2 which we never submitted before, 

Yes, Mae Sai office told us that is required (for my first 12 month extension)

Archived