half shower doors

overherebc

Looks like an accident waiting to happen to me.  Okay if your in a wheelchair, but if your fully ambulatory then if you have a slip, then fall into the small 3 foot glass wall, and then get flipped over it and onto your noggin.  I would rather either use a shower curtain, or go with a full size glass enclosure with a door.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Thanks.

I'll try to find nearest to me in BKK.

Buy the fittings before ordering the glass as you will need any penetrations made  and rounding the edges done before the toughening process as that will be done by the glass producer. As an alternative if you can get it laminated with 0.38mm PVB then you can have a wider choice of colours and thickness. Paragraph

if I were wanting that job done I would make the panels out of the correct thickness of plywood with holes in the correct places so that you can take them to the company that you’re ordering glass from to make sure that they are exactly the correct size.

Your sizes need to be measured in millimetres, this is how the sizes for our house windows were measured and sent to the glass manufacturer.

DC4F697F-E0A5-43BB-98B6-797319B6AF09.jpeg.0f594f51cce744ca1eab0702e009390b.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Actually, it just dawned on me that your pic probably shows glass pool fencing...

Ive never had the chance to go to any of the big Thai hardware stores, but here in Australia, Bunnings have them sitting on the shelf, glass, mounting brackets, the lot.

Thanks for shedding light onto this.

• Like 1