Shipping Vehicles Out Of Thailand

All I really want to know is has anyone done this before. I am relocating to the US for a few years and have been searching for vehicles on ebay and craigslist and everything seems a bit too big and a bit expensive. I figure with a 4 cylinder Hilux I can save a lot on gas and still have that cool looking and functional truck I am looking for. I want to ship a second-hand Toyota Hilux 4X4 over. It would save money on gas and be the perfect work truck while I am in the states. Then I plan to sell it after about five years when I plan to move back to Thailand.

Have you shiped a Vehicle?

What are the costs involved?

What is the procedure involved?

thanks...

jr

Each country would be different.. With the N American market the main worry for me would be emissions.. I was made a very high offer on a sports car I owned to ship and sell to the US but when we tried to make it happen it became obvious it would costs 10's of 1000 to get it emissions converted.

Taking cars into the UK is pretty trivial if the car has been sold in the UK and has type approval.. Otherwise theres some testing to be done... I have imported lots of Euro cars to the UK second hand and it really was just some paperwork and nearly 0 costs.