Best Dive Shop In Pattaya (padi Cert)

jinjok

i had a open water cert about 25 years ago but long since lost it. i stopped diving due to severe sinus problems. anyway...

any idea best dive shop w/ full on padi cert. does not have to be biggest. also would like 5 pool dives and 5 ocean dives for open water.

i had a open water cert about 25 years ago but long since lost it. i stopped diving due to severe sinus problems. anyway...

any idea best dive shop w/ full on padi cert. does not have to be biggest. also would like 5 pool dives and 5 ocean dives for open water.

Aquanauts ( Soi 6/Yodsak ), Roger is a good guy.

Edited by Maigo6

Aquanauts ( Soi 6/Yodsak ), Roger is a good guy.

Aquanauts is the way to go. They have a very nice Boat and probably the best food you can get on any Diveboat in Pattaya. Google Aquanauts Dive Center Pattaya for mor Informations.

that is 100% true... they focus only on "knocking out" instructors these days compared to a few years ago where they had a small instructor to student ratio.

now they have 150+ instructor wannabes all giving the big un' taking chances.

however there are still a lot of top quality instructors at the shop. its just that they are over-occupied with interns.

seek russell, lance, or sue for courses. especially russell

that is 100% true... they focus only on "knocking out" instructors these days compared to a few years ago where they had a small instructor to student ratio.

now they have 150+ instructor wannabes all giving the big un' taking chances.

however there are still a lot of top quality instructors at the shop. its just that they are over-occupied with interns.

seek russell, lance, or sue for courses. especially russell

They are getting close to 7k a course , so business is good in their eyes.

thanks. i did find aquanauts on the web b4 posting. the ow course is about 14-16 cant recall. anyway thanks...

does anyonemake any money (even small) working as a dive master working for someone else... (like in indo/malaysia/phils)? i had heard its basically a room and board deal despite the hype of it somehow being a 'career'.

I don't think that you can make money as a Dive Master in Thailand, maybe on a liveaboard. Instructors getting from 30'000 to maybe 60-80'000 Baht a Month. Depending how good they are in selling Courses and Equipment. But Pattaya is not a good place to work as Instructor, as many of the Instructors who finished the Education are hanging around, maybe going up (paying again) to MSDT.

JinJok Firstly you dont ever loose your open water, though none of the other posters appear to have mentioned the fact. What you need to do is do a scuba review, around 2000 baht, to refresh your skills then just fun dive for the rest of your dives. If you want to do your open water again you will not get 5 pool and 5 ocean dives. You will get 1 pool sesion, 2 confined water sessions and 2 open water dives. As for making a living asa divemaster, Down here you make enough to enjoy a few beers food accom and party a little. Being a divemaster is not an end career option. The idea is to work as a dm to learn the skills and progress to instructor. DM make about 20,000 30,000 a month and instructotrs 50,000 to 80,000 a month depending on the season. I wouldnt rate Patters as a good place to dive. Lots of far better places here in LOS. Whatever you do enjoy!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for the best (and cheapest) dive shop in Pattaya for dive trips.

I'm already certified with a lot of experience, but haven't dived for 5 years so I want to get my feet wet again.

I went into The Pattaya Diver Centre today and saw their dive trips were priced at 2,990 baht for 2 dives out at the nearby islands. That's almost $100 and they were going to charge my GF 1000 to come out with me. This seemed too high although I haven't dived in Thailand before, so I'm not sure what the going rate is.

Any info on dive trips would be much appreciated.

PS. I've just checked out 2 of the dive shops mentioned in this thread, and they charge almost the same i.e. 2,900 at Aquanauts and 2,990 at Mermaids. Is this the best you can do in Pattaya? I have my own equipment, so that will save about 500 on a dive trip at these dive shops.

Edited by tropo

Not sure you could do it for anything less than advertised (rates pretty much the same everywhere).... normally hot lunch is provided. Plus all u can drink beverages (water/soda). I think this is prob as cut rate as it goes. You might want to take the refresher course if its been sometime since you dived, just to get your diving legs back.

Edited by britmaveric

Not sure you could do it for anything less than advertised (rates pretty much the same everywhere).... normally hot lunch is provided. Plus all u can drink beverages (water/soda). I think this is prob as cut rate as it goes. You might want to take the refresher course if its been sometime since you dived, just to get your diving legs back.

Yes, maybe I should. Time has been hard on my equipment too. I checked it over and noticed the dust cap on the first stage has disintegrated inside my dive bag, and the BCD's inflator attachment has disintegrated as well. It'll probably be safer to rent. It's been sitting in a dive bag unopened for 5 years (in the tropical heat). It may all dissolve when I hit the water.

Yes, maybe I should. Time has been hard on my equipment too. I checked it over and noticed the dust cap on the first stage has disintegrated inside my dive bag, and the BCD's inflator attachment has disintegrated as well. It'll probably be safer to rent. It's been sitting in a dive bag unopened for 5 years (in the tropical heat). It may all dissolve when I hit the water.

Most, if not all dive shops will give you a good discount if you have all your own gear with the exception of Weights and tanks, good opener to see who is offering the best deal.

Of course if something go’s wrong with part of gear you probably have someone willing to l help you out but if you turn up with regulators that start blowing hoses, a BCD that leaks like a sieve, a mask that the glass falls out of & straps on your fins that have perished you can guarantee that you will not get a dive that day.

Best get your gear serviced before getting to Pattaya, you can get it serviced locally but it may take time and to be honest I had a bad attitude from a certain dive center “technician” who sold me what was supposed to be the correct battery for my tank transducer, when I removed the original battery I noted that it was a 3v Lithium and I had been sold a 3.6v battery (20% is a lot), particularly as this guy had previously warned me that it better to buy from the professionals, telling me horror stories of divers going up town and buying cheep batteries, but when I questioned the voltage difference his response was very unprofessional.

BB

Best get your gear serviced before getting to Pattaya, you can get it serviced locally but it may take time and to be honest I had a bad attitude from a certain dive center “technician” who sold me what was supposed to be the correct battery for my tank transducer, when I removed the original battery I noted that it was a 3v Lithium and I had been sold a 3.6v battery (20% is a lot), particularly as this guy had previously warned me that it better to buy from the professionals, telling me horror stories of divers going up town and buying cheep batteries, but when I questioned the voltage difference his response was very unprofessional.

BB

Not possible because I live in Pattaya. Could you please indicate which dive shop gave you this unsatisfactory service. If not on here, by PM.

Best get your gear serviced before getting to Pattaya, you can get it serviced locally but it may take time and to be honest I had a bad attitude from a certain dive center "technician" who sold me what was supposed to be the correct battery for my tank transducer, when I removed the original battery I noted that it was a 3v Lithium and I had been sold a 3.6v battery (20% is a lot), particularly as this guy had previously warned me that it better to buy from the professionals, telling me horror stories of divers going up town and buying cheep batteries, but when I questioned the voltage difference his response was very unprofessional.

BB

Not possible because I live in Pattaya. Could you please indicate which dive shop gave you this unsatisfactory service. If not on here, by PM.

No I would no I will not name him, (I think there are aready too many regular Pattaya divers who know just who I am talking about).

What I raised was two issues, one was this guy and just to put it into prospective this incident took place a few years ago, the other was the time it can take to get things repaired especially if parts need to be ordered but as you live in Pattaya this may not be a problem.

I only know two places in pattaya to get gear repaired, the one I will never use again for parts or repair while this guy is around and the other is Extreme Divers up by Fooland, I have never used XD for repairers so I can not comment on the service.

BB