Wild elephants fight to the death on Chanthaburi golf course

snoop1130

Wild elephants fight to the death on Chanthaburi golf course

By THE NATION

800_d7e284ba8f35457.jpg

The genteel surroundings of a Chantaburi golf course were shattered by the thunder of mortal combat between two giants early on Friday.

Local police and officials from Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary were alerted of wild elephants fighting at the Chatrium Golf Resort in Pong Nam Ron district of the eastern province in the early hours of the morning.

Rushing to the scene, they found the body of male juvenile tusker, aged around 6-7 years and weighing over 1 tonne, lying in a dry ditch on the golf course. The animal had suffered deeps cuts and stabbing wounds and was bleeding profusely.

A security guard for the golf course told officials that he heard the sound of two elephants fighting at around 2am on Friday. He went to investigate and found the juvenile fighting fiercely with a much larger male elephant.

“I have seen the dead elephant before. He was living in a herd of wild elephants in the forest behind the golf course," said the guard. He added the two male elephants may have been fighting over a female, as this is now the breeding season.

Police have asked the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation to inspect the dead elephant before burying its corpse.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401991

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-29

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

The rules of golf are strict.

If you play out of turn then there are consequences.

Guess he was not allowed to play through as a single, damned that's a harsh penalty.  Wonder if the course rules lay that out, as he was definitely laid out.  FORE.....

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Good news for the club members. You are permitted to move the elephant if it impedes your shot ...

Can I use the Elephant as an elevated drop for my ball that lands behind him, and tee it off from up top?

I hit a driver and yelled FORE......I think FORE in Elephant Speak means the absolute worst of the worst insult....

now....my golf ball is underneath one of the elephants

1 or 2 stroke penalty??   please, i need to know, if i sign my card wrong ....  omg...  

• Haha 1