Another great Keto Lunch option...

FolkGuitar

4 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Putting the word "Keto" in the title of a topic is a sure way of getting the mods attention lol.

similar to putting "rumak"  in a post .   zaaaaaap  !

• Haha 2

While the food is very good at Auf Der Au, I always tend to overeat, given up on buffets for that reason.

Can't remember the name of the German chef there, but he certainly never looked as if he was starving.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

While the food is very good at Auf Der Au, I always tend to overeat, given up on buffets for that reason.

Can't remember the name of the German chef there, but he certainly never looked as if he was starving.

The chefs/owner's name is Udo. He makes the sausage himself, and is my favorite part of the meal. His buffet is always crowded, usually with people waiting for tables.  One of the nice things about the Keto lifestyle is that you never really feel as if you've over-eaten. You just feel satiated rather than full, so you stop eating. I always find that pretty bizarre. Before I began Keto, I used to do just what you mentioned, especially at Auf Der Au. I'd go back for two plates like this one, than finish up with some fruit and a variety of cakes... which probably explains why I needed to start Keto. But almost two years into the lifestyle, I've never felt the urge to do that, even though the chocolate croissants are just so damn delicious.  I just really wonder how he's able to serve up such great food for only 160 baht?!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Putting the word "Keto" in the title of a topic is a sure way of getting the mods attention lol...

You nearly got zapped as a spammer... :laugh:

And that's exactly why I just arrived ! ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yabiaomer said:

Any recommendations? Thanks ..

'Cube #7' in the Nieman area has the best cheese cake I've EVER eaten, and it's Keto!  They have a mixed menu, with delicious food at good prices. Many other baked breads and cakes, all Keto-friendly.

'Sweety Cafe and Restaurant' on Katchasarn Rd in the D.K. Book Plaza has an extensive menu of Thai dishes, as well as Keto-friendly desserts and drinks.

Sweetly Keto has two locations, and has freshly baked pastries, bread, cookies and the like, in addition to its restaurant.

They are expensive, but they may have what you’re looking for.

Also in terms of keto restaurants, there is 92 Ratchadamnoen in the Old City.  They have a designated keto menu along with regular offerings.  I especially like their cauliflower “rice.”

Both of these restaurants deliver via FoodPanda.

And  just about any restaurant that serves breakfast-type offerings can be a keto option, as can burger, kebab and steak places... but I’m sure you already knew that (!)

Edited by Brightly
  • Thanks 1

Posts removed.

You may not agree with nor like "Keto" but that is NOT what this topic is about, if you cannot make positive contributions, please just move on.

Derogatory comments made here will be removed as "trolling".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Keto diet is in no way a "raw food diet". 

It is one where carbohydrate consumption is minimized down to 20-60 grams a day. 

Where'd you get your mis-information, from that website you're pitching?

Quite right. While raw food isn't proscribed by the Keto Diet, it in no way plays any part in it. The link that he used also says one needs to eat a lot of fresh fruit, which is also absolutely incorrect. Fruit is very high in fructose sugar which would take the body OUT of Ketosis instantly. Anything that raises the blood sugar levels (such as eating too much carbohydrate) is avoided in this lifestyle. In order for the body to even begin burning Ketones, one needs to eliminate almost all carbs from the diet, then consuming 20g-50g per day. The body begins to burn fat for it cellular energy requirements. This fat-burning condition is called 'Ketosis,' and is the goal of this lifestyle.

More and more restaurants are offering Keto menus. There are now more than a dozen restaurants in Chiang Mai that advertise and offer Keto alternatives, and the list is growing daily. While Auf der Au doesn't call itself a Keto restaurant, there are plenty of 'Keto-friendly' foods on offer there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, superal said:

Is the Keto not the same or a variation of the Atkins diet ?

NO
this is where many misinformed people go wrong
Atkins reintroduces carbs after just 2 weeks
which is why it does not work
and why people say "its just a short term fix and not sustainable"
yeh, cos you just started eating carbs again after just a few weeks

Keto is about getting your body in ketosis
avoiding sugar and carbs prevents your body being knocked out of ketosis
when blood sugar and in turn insulin is spiked
When your body is in ketosis, it will burn its fuel stores (fat)

ideally get at least 50% of cals from fat and your good
with less than 5% coming from carbs/sugar
IF/short eating window, also helps keep body in ketosis

although i would not really agree with the meal the OP posted
as sausages and gravy could contain anything, tomatoes also a no for myself
(actually i would skip all veg, as now am carnivore but i do keto on my cheat days)

for good Keto friendly places, look for a mookata or shabu that do not smother the meat in sauce
a good value Shabu place can be found just off the big junction at top of SSCC

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, patman30 said:

.......  although i would not really agree with the meal the OP posted
as sausages and gravy could contain anything, tomatoes also a no for myself
(actually i would skip all veg, as now am carnivore but i do keto on my cheat days)

Good information in your post that I clipped only for brevity.

I've been living the Keto lifestyle for almost two years now, and have learned that the best way NOT to get kicked out of Ketosis is to ask questions about what is in the foods I eat. Fortunately, as Udo, the owner of the German buffet makes almost all his food right on the premises, it's easy to know what he puts into his sausages and sauces. There IS 'some' sugar in one of the gravied sausage dishes he makes (the sliced sausage in red sauce,) the amount  by the time it gets to my plate is minuscule, and doesn't affect my ketosis.  The small amounts of veggies along with my lunch keeps me under my daily Carb limit as well. I simply don't have MORE carbs at dinner time! Easy! I usually only eat any significant carbs at one meal each day. I stick with 80% fats (as avocados, nuts, eggs and cheese, and butter along with meats and fish,) 20% protein (meats, fish, nuts,) and 10% Carbohydrates (leafy green veggies, cabbage, kimchee, broccoli, asparagus, etc., etc.)  If I want to 'cheat,' I just balance it out in the other two meals. It works for me. I've dropped 50lbs, and according to the last health check I had a few months ago at Ram, I'm going to live forever! Not a single test out of the normal range except 'overall cholesterol' due to being in the 'High' range of 'good' cholesterol!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Good information in your post that I clipped only for brevity.

I've been living the Keto lifestyle for almost two years now, and have learned that the best way NOT to get kicked out of Ketosis is to ask questions about what is in the foods I eat. Fortunately, as Udo, the owner of the German buffet makes almost all his food right on the premises, it's easy to know what he puts into his sausages and sauces. There IS 'some' sugar in one of the gravied sausage dishes he makes (the sliced sausage in red sauce,) the amount  by the time it gets to my plate is minuscule, and doesn't affect my ketosis.  The small amounts of veggies along with my lunch keeps me under my daily Carb limit as well. I simply don't have MORE carbs at dinner time! Easy! I usually only eat any significant carbs at one meal each day. I stick with 80% fats (as avocados, nuts, eggs and cheese, and butter along with meats and fish,) 20% protein (meats, fish, nuts,) and 10% Carbohydrates (leafy green veggies, cabbage, kimchee, broccoli, asparagus, etc., etc.)  If I want to 'cheat,' I just balance it out in the other two meals. It works for me. I've dropped 50lbs, and according to the last health check I had a few months ago at Ram, I'm going to live forever! Not a single test out of the normal range except 'overall cholesterol' due to being in the 'High' range of 'good' cholesterol!

Good to hear,
i started Keto about 4 years ago and naturally progressed to carnivore (mostly, i am not religous about it)
for anyone thinking of trying Keto, it takes a few weeks just go get through sugar/carb withdraw
for myself what worked, was lots of whipped cream or mascarpone with nuts whenever i felt a slight craving
nuts/avocado are now basically my cheat days
i cook myself mostly, rarely eat out unless it is mookata/shabu/steakhouse
a nice keto meal i enjoy now and again is a generous serving of
avocado, poached eggs, smoked salmon, mozarella and some pecans/macadamias

and as Folkguitar stated, eating carbs/sugar only once a day, will help you a lot if you do eat them
to avoid constantly spiking your blodd sugar and in turn insulin
your blood sugar will spike whenever you eat,

hence why a short eating window (IF) is beneficial regardless of your diet.

@FolkGuitar Seriously consider buying a smoker if you have the space and do not already own one
best investment i have made in a long time

Edited by patman30

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

@FolkGuitar Seriously consider buying a smoker if you have the space and do not already own one
best investment i have made in a long time

I wish I could, but the other apartments on my floor would get upset if I started a fire in my living room. ????  I don't have a balcony.  I would have bought one years ago if I had the space!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

When are we going to learn the difference between lunch and dinner?

There actually doesn't seem to be ANY difference between them!

According to Dictionary.com...  (and verified with the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Lunch - a light midday meal between breakfast and dinner; luncheon. Any light meal or snack.

Dinner - the main meal of the day, eaten in the evening or at midday.

Supper - the evening meal, often the principal meal of the day.

I've left out the other various meanings.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

There actually doesn't seem to be ANY difference between them!

According to Dictionary.com...  (and verified with the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Lunch - a light midday meal between breakfast and dinner; luncheon. Any light meal or snack.

Dinner - the main meal of the day, eaten in the evening or at midday.

Oh yes clearly identical.  Thanks for explaining.

• Haha 1