Bangkok’s Tap Water Is Salty on Seawater Intrusion

snoop1130

Bangkok’s Tap Water Is Salty on Seawater Intrusion

water2-1024x552.jpg.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 1 (TNA) – The Metropolitan Waterworks Authority advised people in eastern Bangkok not to drink tap water because saltwater intrusion raised its salinity.

The MWA reported that a high tide yesterday raised the level of chloride to more than 250 milligrams per liter of water and consumers could sense the salty taste of tap water. It warned against tap water consumption especially among young children, elderly people and small pets for the time being.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-628595

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-02-01

• Like 1

Do people in all seriousness drink the tap water?

(from the link above)

"It warned against tap water consumption especially among young children, elderly people and small pets for the time being."

What about large pets? I suppose pet crocodiles might just cope.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Do people in all seriousness drink the tap water?

(from the link above)

"It warned against tap water consumption especially among young children, elderly people and small pets for the time being."

What about large pets? I suppose pet crocodiles might just cope.

Surprisingly, BKK water was quite good quality....when we lived there 7 yrs ago, we filtered tap water and tested for drinking and it was good. But now with the BMA in new hands....who knows?

27 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Surprisingly, BKK water was quite good quality....when we lived there 7 yrs ago, we filtered tap water and tested for drinking and it was good. But now with the BMA in new hands....who knows?

The water is nothing to do with the BMA, it is the Metropolitan Water Authority. The operator in charge was ex-Thames Water. I have been drinking the water since 1982 without problem.  In periods of drought there can be a taste problem due to salt water intrusion for a short time, but I have a water filter for drinking water for that contingency. Last year there was a similar problem with taste blamed on salt water intrusion, but it tasted to me that they had overdosed the water with too much Aluminium Sulphate water conditioning chemical. I used to manufacture large R.O. water treatment plants because that is what the market wanted, however, bottled R.O. water is not good for health as it has no minerals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1