6 Mth 2-4 Entry Tourist?

Hi folks, just wondering if you could tell me if this would be the best option for me. I will be in Thailand from mid June until mid September. If I had just checked the visa regs properly before I booked this would be so much easier, as it actually adds up to 97 days.

"6 month validity, 2 to 4 entry tourist visa: pre-obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate and will result in the holder obtaining a 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp upon entry. If required, this type of visa may be extended by 30 days at an immigration office, but after that time the holder must leave the country. The holder may then return to the Kingdom and will obtain a second 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp which can also be extended as previous and then the holder must leave. After the stipulated number of entries the visa is “used”."

I take it this means I can get a 60 day stamp, extend it for another 30 days, and take a trip over the border before that runs out. Then I can come straight back in, get another 60 day permission to stay, which will cover me until the end of my trip?

Is there a specific time period that I need to be out of the country for before I return?

Also, as this is a tourist visa, I assume I don't need to have a specific reason for my stay in Thailand to be this long?

thanks in advance for any help.

The wiser and more knowledgeable will hopefully give you a better answer but in case

they don't :

Single entry tourist visas seem to be the norm now. Double entry seem to be hard to

find , your local Thai consulate may oblige or they may not.

Whichever , with a single entry plus extension you are covered for 90 days.

A simple border crossing run would enable you to return with a further 30

days (assuming you are a national of a country qualifying for visa waiver)

and you would have a ticket out of Thailand in your pocket (which is required

sometimes now).

If you do this you will probably be obliged to stay out of Thailand for an hour

or more (depending on the "visa run" you select).

Just a suggestion to yourself and anyone else with such a query.

It is helpful to state your nationality (visa waiver) country of departure (for

"best consulate to try" suggestions) and where in Thailand you will be staying

(for "best border run" suggestions)..

:o

Two entry tourist visa first choice (you just make a border crossing sometime in the first 60 days for another 60 days with no need for extensions. Second the above outlined border run for extra 30 day entry. Third would be a 7 day extension of stay from Immigration but it would have to be obtained on your last day (which might not be possible).

sorry, in my haste I forgot to say that I am a UK citizen, living in N Ireland, so I am flying from Dublin to BKK, and will be in and around the Bangkok area for the majority of the time. I will probably take a trip up north to Chiang Mai at some point, so that may be a good time to cross the border.

thanks for the help!