Changing jobs

I assume you have a one year extension of stay not a visa. A visa would only allow a 90 day entry.

The first thing that needs to be done is for your new employer to apply for a work permit for you to get a approval letter for the application.

The you will need a termination letter from current employer stating the date you are no longer working for them.

Then on the date you job ends you would have your extension canceled and then apply for a new extension with supporting documents from your new employer and the work permit application approval letter.

Then after the new extension is issued you could cancel your existing work permit and have the new one issued.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you have a one year extension of stay not a visa. A visa would only allow a 90 day entry.

The first thing that needs to be done is for your new employer to apply for a work permit for you to get a approval letter for the application.

The you will need a termination letter from current employer stating the date you are no longer working for them.

Then on the date you job ends you would have your extension canceled and then apply for a new extension with supporting documents from your new employer and the work permit application approval letter.

Then after the new extension is issued you could cancel your existing work permit and have the new one issued.

Would he have to leave the country and come back again undergoing quarantine, or can the changing of jobs be done within the country now?

26 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Would he have to leave the country and come back again undergoing quarantine, or can the changing of jobs be done within the country now?

No need to leave the country if it is done the way I wrote.

It has always been possible to change employers without leaving the country if you do it the correct way. You cannot just stop working for one employer and expect to be able to do it.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to leave the country if it is done the way I wrote.

It has always been possible to change employers without leaving the country if you do it the correct way. You cannot just stop working for one employer and expect to be able to do it.

Thanks for the info. Very useful to know during these times.