Just Another Day On The Farm

The Mrs went off early this morning to Loei to collect 300 banana plants, came back at 1pm with 73, anyway, we took these to farm and local labour planted all, by this time, it was 4.30, then Piwan said they needed water now, {why didnt he tell me earlier!!! ] the 500 plants they done on wednesday didnt need water?? they got it next day,, So i sent the mrs with a memory list of the pvc pipe taps and T pieces i would need to do irrigation, [no pen or paper available] so mrs borrowed her brothers truck, went to shop and came back to farm with 10 1.5 1" tees, correct, 1 2"tap for main water line, correct, 5 1" taps for outlets, correct, 1" lenght of pipe for outlets ect, correct, 2 pots glue, ok so far, but 2 bundles of 2" blue pvc? mmm, and her brother was with her who used to do all the irrigation on the farm, bless him,,,, so off back to the shop and they got 2 bundles of 1.5pvc, Right, so now we can going!! start cutting and fitting pipe and joiners and taps ect, Mr Poo [yes, thats his name and he brings 2 big bags of buffalo shit everday for 40bht} is gluieng pipes and taps ect, but he puts soo much glue on the taps are solid!! I manage to free them off with some Thinners which in turn dont do the plastic much good, but the taps work now, 6pm and all is ready for a test, mrs tells mr poo to go get hose from papaya sprinklers, unbeknown to me, he has switched on sub and booster pump, the water pressure blows off a lot of blanking caps all over the place, so off i go finding the problems ect and restarting pumps, Mr poo and Piwan are watering the new banana plants and im sitting in the papaya with my head on my knees with a demented like giggle coming from my heart, my mrs finds me and asked whats wrong? oh nothing my love, its just another day on the farm,

Guess what! as im writing this, its pissing down!!,

Have any of you other good farmers had this sort of experience, would be nice to know im not the only one!!

Cheers, Lickey..

We were going to arrange for a borehole about a month ago but since we knew it must rain soon (in CM) decided to leave it until next year.

Been raining on and off since and according to our "Plantation Manager" :o ...gardener the place looks like a jungle again just he tells us that we got a good crop of everything....time for another visit/looksee.... :D ....fontock...mak....

Lickey,

I dont claim to be a farmer, but that sounds perfectly normal to me.

But at least it keeps life interesting. :o

The only way around it is to do everything yourself.

Then they'll think it's you thats daft.

Lickey.

About a month ago I spent 4 days installing a drip irrigation system on 19 rai of rubber and avocado trees... It has been raining ever since...But, as I tell the wife..If we had not installed the system, it would not have rained...And it will be there next year or next month when we need it..

Stoneman

Dont worry Lickey, it's a part of a pretty normal day, just take it with a smile. Nothing can supprise me anymore, I always exspect the worst thing to happen, then I can only be possitive supprised, but I agree with you, sometimes it just is to much...... Enough to leave and go back ??? No freaking way !!!! Nothing gets that bad......Keep your head high.

Tilapia.

Sound's pretty close to home:)

How about this; being sick & tired of the local 'water-controller' turning off our flow from the village reservoir every night at 8 pm until-6am , I spent 13,000 baht-plus (memory?) on a chrome 2,000 litre tank, plus 6.5 k baht-plus on a pump, just delivered this torrential rain started, now, the local reservoir full & everything else within 'floating distance' full! That 20k baht would have gone a long way in other directions!

Thankyou all for your sympathy and your experiences, it really does make me feel like Basil Fawlty sometimes when nobody understands me, and yes, you really have to be there!! as i found out again today,

Went to farm this morning, and the red/clay soil is muddy, so no need for irrigation for at least 2 days with no rain, so there we are picking Papaya and the sprinklers started!! Mr Poo had turned on the pumps!! mrs calmed me down and said mr Poo likes a lot of water on everything, my eyes are going like cash registers, [electricity, root rot ect] so i took a wire out of the sub pump control box, and told him i go to Udon today for new parts, he was happy with this!

Upside was we sold 250kilo of papaya and 50kilo of kanoon, the takings of which are going towards my padded cell in the new salon, and some more medication, {chang lite} Cheers, lickey..