Covid vacination.

keithkarmann

I realise that Thailand is going to be very slow to roll out Covid vacinations and will more than likely not include foreigners. So it will probably be down to us to get and pay for the vacinne. So are there any private hospitals or clinics carrying out the vacinations in Thailand at an affordable price?

You could take a look at what other presently available vaccinations cost here. I found a large list on https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/cost.html but no doubt there are other sources. Add 320 Baht for doctor and clinic fees. Prices are per single dose. The Thai travel clinic falls under the Hospital for tropical diseases, Mahidol Univ. As a comparison, you can find the cost price/private clinic price of many comparable vaccines (though not necessarily the same brand) in the US on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/awardees/vaccine-management/price-list/index.html.

Note that most of the non-COVID vaccines are easily available, whereas COVID vaccines are in short supply; this alone will drive up the price.

Edited by cormanr7
add last sentence

15 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

I realise that Thailand is going to be very slow to roll out Covid vacinations and will more than likely not include foreigners. So it will probably be down to us to get and pay for the vacinne. So are there any private hospitals or clinics carrying out the vacinations in Thailand at an affordable price?

Yes if you are an expat you will need to go to a private hospital to get the vaccine. Without giving specific names I contacted three private hospitals in Bangkok regarding the vaccine. Unfortunately they dont have a clue when, how, or from whom, they well get the vaccine.