Renew 2 year License to 5 year. Pattaya Report February 2021

Direktkaoz

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Great post and we can now believe reservations months in advance are no longer required?

That is correct. I prepped all my documents beforehand and I just showed up to the DLT. Got the whole ordeal over with in a single visit.

Edited by Direktkaoz
  • Like 1

Thanks for the post.  Your list of required documents agrees with that shown on the Pattaya City Expats Club (PCEC) website for obtaining your first 5 year license(s). When you go to renew again in 5 years (barring changes in the interim if any) it will be the same LESS the medical certificate as it is not required for renewals.

Prior to the recent COVID 19 shutdown here in Pattaya, the PCEC newsletter noted that they had several recent reports of expats getting their license renewals without having to have a future appointment.

I am a bit surprised they didn't require you to watch the "video" as part of the process.

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Great post and we can now believe reservations months in advance are no longer required?

At least not for the renewal procedure.

Doing a new license from scratch with written/multiple choice and "driving test" may be different.

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

if you change address like me it's another 50 baht per licen

Not only change address will trigger that 50 Baht extra.

My passport had been renewed since the previous licence, so passport number had changed, and I paid 100 Baht extra for the 2 licences.

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Thanks for the post.  Your list of required documents agrees with that shown on the Pattaya City Expats Club (PCEC) website for obtaining your first 5 year license(s). When you go to renew again in 5 years (barring changes in the interim if any) it will be the same LESS the medical certificate as it is not required for renewals.

Prior to the recent COVID 19 shutdown here in Pattaya, the PCEC newsletter noted that they had several recent reports of expats getting their license renewals without having to have a future appointment.

I am a bit surprised they didn't require you to watch the "video" as part of the process.

don't have to watch it for the first renewal, at least that was the way it was at my office in Rayong, but they told me next time I would

Watched the movie then told didn’t have to..,my error. Movie started out a guy 

sleeping on a short legged table under a tree ... dreaming it was a drivers license tree... all I could do is laugh must have got the idea from the money tree

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 9:05 AM, soisanuk said:

90% of the foreigners I was with during the reaction test had to watch the video.

The difference between them and those who didnt have to watch, from what I observed was the color of the queue cards we received after handing in the documents.

Those with the black queue cards didn't have to watch the video and those who got pink queue cards were sent into the room. 

Unfortunately, I don't know what the discerning factor is in getting the black card vs the pink ones.