85w MagSafe 2 Last Leg

JDJD

My MagSafe 2 T cord has an obvious broken connection at the base. I see these replacement wires on Lazada for B200 or so. The YouTube video seems pretty straight forward, but I'd prefer not to deal with it myself including the soldering. Any advice on where to go. Should I order the replacement wire first? I need to buy a few other electronic accessories, so I'd be going somewhere anyway. Thanks for the advice. 1528863718_ScreenShot2021-02-06at4_40_00PM.png.b755e2f74591b274269e182a0b7e15b1.png

5 hours ago, JDJD said:

My MagSafe 2 T cord has an obvious broken connection at the base. I see these replacement wires on Lazada for B200 or so. The YouTube video seems pretty straight forward, but I'd prefer not to deal with it myself including the soldering. Any advice on where to go. Should I order the replacement wire first? I need to buy a few other electronic accessories, so I'd be going somewhere anyway. Thanks for the advice. 1528863718_ScreenShot2021-02-06at4_40_00PM.png.b755e2f74591b274269e182a0b7e15b1.png

Opening the Apple power adapter is not a trivial task, the soldering is easy enough.

17 minutes ago, JDJD said:

Thanks so much. I haven't soldered since JHS but I'd prefer not to buy any extras while I'm here in TL. If you are in BKK, and have an iron, maybe you could help me out? ???? 

I’m about 550km northeast but there are many repair shops that would do that for you.

Have you opened the power supply? As I said that part is the challenge, personally even if I were in Bangkok I would not touch the job without the supply being opened for me, it isn’t easy, it is welded or glued with seriously strong adhesive that resists opening, I think that there is a significant chance of damaging the supply itself in opening it.

Edited by sometimewoodworker