B2 application - passport history

Planning a trip with GF to the US in May, have been reading as much as I can find about the process, and found one guy who said his GF's 1st application was refused because he had not provided sufficient passport history. 

My current passport was issued in 2014, have been coming to Thailand every year for 3 to 6 months every year, no problems.

But it's a replacement - I managed to lose the one that was issued in about 1990 (not exactly sure) when I arrived in Chiang Mai in 2014. The current one was issued at Embassy in Chiang Mai. 

Any idea whether this is likely to be an issue?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

Planning a trip with GF to the US in May, have been reading as much as I can find about the process, and found one guy who said his GF's 1st application was refused because he had not provided sufficient passport history. 

My current passport was issued in 2014, have been coming to Thailand every year for 3 to 6 months every year, no problems.

But it's a replacement - I managed to lose the one that was issued in about 1990 (not exactly sure) when I arrived in Chiang Mai in 2014. The current one was issued at Embassy in Chiang Mai. 

Any idea whether this is likely to be an issue?

Thanks!

Maybe 2 parts to this

YOU - Not sure about US but in Auss they have records of your International travel up to 10 yrs prior (need to pay for copy) from Immi

GF - I had the Thai Embassy in Auss send me a letter stating that Thailand keeps no such records

MAYBE the US may keep track of arriving International guests

6 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Maybe 2 parts to this

YOU - Not sure about US but in Auss they have records of your International travel up to 10 yrs prior (need to pay for copy) from Immi

GF - I had the Thai Embassy in Auss send me a letter stating that Thailand keeps no such records

MAYBE the US may keep track of arriving International guests

I contacted US Embassy here in Chiang Mai, they said  they don't handle that sort of thing, contact the US -

Their webpage says they can send history but has to be done by mail,  takes 12-16 weeks from the time they receive the info. They require proof of ID from me that I have - but it's in the US and I'm in Chiang Mai - had intended to return in Apr 2020, then came Covid and as that madhouse scene evolved decided I'm better off here. 

3 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

I contacted US Embassy here in Chiang Mai, they said  they don't handle that sort of thing, contact the US -

Their webpage says they can send history but has to be done by mail,  takes 12-16 weeks from the time they receive the info. They require proof of ID from me that I have - but it's in the US and I'm in Chiang Mai - had intended to return in Apr 2020, then came Covid and as that madhouse scene evolved decided I'm better off here. 

Yes  I should of mentioned in Homeland

Are you able to do it online

Maybe someone can scan your ID in US

Stuck with the 16 wk problem

11 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Maybe someone can scan your ID in US

Stuck with the 16 wk problem

I had the same thought, but would have trouble telling my buddy where to find it, would take me a bit of digging around - and you're right, 16 weeks is a problem.

Current one has 8 years, one would think that would be sufficient, might depend on the individual officer processing the application. 

17 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

I had the same thought, but would have trouble telling my buddy where to find it, would take me a bit of digging around - and you're right, 16 weeks is a problem.

Current one has 8 years, one would think that would be sufficient, might depend on the individual officer processing the application. 

Might depend on validity - No older then a certain period 

OR

They might require up to current date (to ensure all flights captured )

even though it takes 16 wks (could travel halfway around the world ) in that time

Oh I forgot theses are unusual times 555

1 minute ago, MrKFC said:

Indeed!
Feel really fortunate that I accidentally wound up here instead of being stuck in the US Nuthouse.

Try Auss - You have to beg them to get back

Put visitor visa in Feb 2020 / Medicals / Bios - the last 2 about to expire & still no Visa 

So start again for Wife & prey 

Since had plenty of time got Son Auss Citiz 

Auss Gov blams Citiz because couldn't get back, but didn't provide the 1000 + planes for them before they cut everything off

Archived