Where to get Honda genuine parts ...?

Agusts

Yes, answer...."Honda dealer" , but when I ask for spare parts at various dealers they pick a price out of thin air that includes installation. I say I want to take it home, not installed here, they say; "same price...!?!? "   Is that normal....? I know they want to make money, but shouldn't they also just supply spare parts if required...!

I can see the correct prices from here (add +7% vat):

https://pec.aphonda.co.th/Default.aspx

But can't order online from there, just get a PDF to print and take to dealer...!

(That website is a bit tricky but very accurate and useful once you learn how to use it...).

Now everyone has his own favourite online trader or shop that swears to sell 100% genuine part (many on Lazada and Shopee etc., that I have been using sometime  ), but I hear there are grade A copies with all the logo and Honda red sticker and part number and so on that is very hard to identify as copy....! (I've been shown two brake pads next to each other, one copy one genuine, damn identical...., my friend has also seen this for Yamaha too...

Now some things don't really matter, but something like a belt copy or spak plug copy is bad news and can leave you stranded.

Before you say let dealer change it, I can't stand them, I like to use the mechanic I know who let me observe and even check things for myself to make sure all done correctly and as I want - and more importantly listens to me, unlike Honda mechanic Gods...! ????

(By the way, this is not about Big Wing department, I have no experience with them, it's Forza and that goes with the same small bikes section...!).

• Like 1

I believe you are over thinking? I used to go to Honda Sukumvit 71 in BKK. I just bought parts across the counter. No mention of installing. 

I bought some CVT parts for a Wave I don't even own! All in stock. Belt was 355 baht as an example.

5 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I believe you are over thinking? I used to go to Honda Sukumvit 71 in BKK. I just bought parts across the counter. No mention of installing. 

I bought some CVT parts for a Wave I don't even own! All in stock. Belt was 355 baht as an example.

Yes, many people don't realize what's going on, one or two item not a big deal, you buy 10 parts they add 100 or 200b on top, and they make a nice little sum....!

Forza belt from parts website is 1215b, plus 7% tax is 1300b, I asked two dealers here in Phuket, one 1600b, another 1500b, and that is if you take home or change there... , no difference..., this markup is on all their parts ...!

Tell me what belt you bought I check the price on that website, Wave has no CVT or belt, it's chain-driven... 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

E-13.jpg

Item 1 Part # 231-KWZ-901

Sorry, I never knew Waves also come in automatic with CVT, never seen one before, I thought all were semi-automatic....!

Anyway, so that Honda dealer sold you a belt 355b and didn't charge you for installation (in Thai they translate this to "wages" ) or didn't even charge the 7% vat tax...!!! (the price from website is 355b excluding tax)....!? ????

You definitely got a keeper there, not so over here in Phuket and for Forza, I will try a few more dealers, but so far in the last 2 years hadn't had one to offer parts without markup....

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Powerphuket.com

Webike.net

23100-K04-931  Forza Belt should be 1300b + delivery:

Powerphuket.com.   1915b

Thai.Webike.net.   6189b

I hope you don't shop from these guys too much...????

33 minutes ago, Agusts said:

or didn't even charge the 7% vat tax...!!! (the price from website is 355b excluding tax)....!?

I paid the 7% on the bill total or 69 Baht. As I also bought a pulley, some weights and a boss.

I would pay the 1500 baht and be done with it. If someone in Bangkok bought it for you it would cost at least 100 baht EMS to Phuket making it 1400. 

You are getting all concerned over 100 Baht. You could ride to Songhkla and find out how much they are there. OR buy it on lazada (argh did I just say that)

Edited by VocalNeal

Ask at some motorbike repair shops where they get their parts, I assume every city has their main distributor where most of the small shops buy their parts.

Udon Thani: https://goo.gl/maps/Dn1ZaG4zLJfiKFAT9

Chiang Mai: https://goo.gl/maps/s4xqak3xeAQdErvR9

Usually you can choose between the OEM part and a copy.

I just don't know where such a shop is in Phuket, but most likely it exists.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I paid the 7% on the bill total or 69 Baht. As I also bought a pulley, some weights and a boss.

I would pay the 1500 baht and be done with it. If someone in Bangkok bought it for you it would cost at least 100 baht EMS to Phuket making it 1400. 

You are getting all concerned over 100 Baht. You could ride to Songhkla and find out how much they are there. OR buy it on lazada (argh did I just say that)

Not just 100b, not just one item, I have a long list of 10 or more items for regular servicing etc, that comes to like 4000b incl. tax (Forza not a big bike, but expensive parts), from dealer this is like 5500b..., and repeated every year...! 

I have been buying from Lazada with those with many good reviews and long time selling there, items look good, buy hearing about this grade A copies got me worried....

Probably still buy things like air/oil filter from them, but maybe get belt and plug from dealer and asked to install it with included price... 

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Ask at some motorbike repair shops where they get their parts, I assume every city has their main distributor where most of the small shops buy their parts.

Udon Thani: https://goo.gl/maps/Dn1ZaG4zLJfiKFAT9

Chiang Mai: https://goo.gl/maps/s4xqak3xeAQdErvR9

Usually you can choose between the OEM part and a copy.

I just don't know where such a shop is in Phuket, but most likely it exists.

Yes, exactly, that's what I'm really after, in Phuket...

I noticed when something small is needed, the mechanic jumps on the bike and go get it for me, when I ask did you go to the dealer, says no, another shop...., but he dodge to answer where....! 

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

23100-K04-931  Forza Belt should be 1300b + delivery:

Powerphuket.com.   1915b

Thai.Webike.net.   6189b

I hope you don't shop from these guys too much...????

No !!  I only saw you can buy on-line from them. 

I would think your only choice is finding decent Honda dealer our APS Honda dealership in Sukhothai is very fair and helpful. 

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:
1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Wave has no CVT or belt, it's chain-driven... 

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

E-13.jpg

Item 1 Part # 231-KWZ-901

This diagram shows the primary drive belt, from the crack shaft to the clutch. Final drive is by chain.

Edited by Moonlover
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Forza belt from parts website is 1215b, plus 7% tax is 1300b, I asked two dealers here in Phuket, one 1600b, another 1500b, and that is if you take home or change there... , no difference..., this markup is on all their parts ...!

Heard before that Honda Phuket costs more than Honda Sukumvit 71 in BKK.

Shocking.!!

So sorry for your trials, mate.

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This diagram shows the primary drive belt, from the crack shaft to the clutch. Final drive is by chain.

Yes, I noticed that too, a bit off topic but what's the point of this design, two things to maintain, CVT and chain, double the service and maintenance and parts etc. ....!? 

19 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Yes, I noticed that too, a bit off topic but what's the point of this design, two things to maintain, CVT and chain, double the service and maintenance and parts etc. ....!? 

They don't have CVT. The Wave has a conventional 4 speed manual gear change with automatic clutch operation. Very useful when gabbing on the mobile phone. ????

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

They don't have CVT. The Wave has a conventional 4 speed manual gear change with automatic clutch operation. Very useful when gabbing on the mobile phone. ????

How often need to change that belt on Wave..., is it same as on conventional CVT...?