Extension Based On Marriage 2021

New year. 

What's the current list of required documentation to submit an visa extension based on marriage.
Basic list for required for Thailand immigration as well as anything specific to the Chiang Mai immigration district would be appreciated as well as noting if anything has changed since last year.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Don’t kid yourself nothing is ever “easy” at the immigration office. All depends on the specific officer that you’re dealing with. Last year We had everything on the list and the guy looks at the requisite photos and kicks back the application. Reason: “no photo of kitchen!”

Well now you know. My IO requires 6 photos hard not to include kitchen.

copy.jpg.f172ba03e188d23054da933c3a19a95b.jpg:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

up to them init.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

Just did mine at Phetchabun which goes to CM for approval. Use their copy facilities. Mine were deemed unsuitable. Photos need to be taken the same day. Make sure you get the bank manager to sign both the letter and the statement. Copy every page on your passport. Provide an original hand drawn map, not copy. Sign the copies so they can put their stamp over the signature otherwise you will have to sign again. The other required forms are listed in the attached. 

1038753461_MarriageExtensionRequirements2 (1).pdf

We took about 20 photos, both inside and outside the house. If you cannot get the house and house number in the same photo write the number on a sheet of paper and hold it in front of you. They ended up selecting 4, outside view of the house from the fence, outside close up view of the house showing the number as described above, kitchen and bedroom

Edited by ubonjoe
inserted changes done in a quote instead of a edit
  • Like 1

Did mine in January got the under consideration stamp till Feb 15th. Late afternoon yesterday received a phone call that the paperwork has come back from Khon Kaen and this morning we went to Immigration and I got the Year stamp!

Application was around 1 hour, and today another 10 minutes waiting, so pretty painless.

Also our local Immigration resets the 90 day report date with every extension, so my next 90 day report is 89 days from now.

• Thanks 1