shoppingmall scam police stations all over the country full

BigC

shoppmall scam  where people were topping up money and getting commissions has recieved  thousands of complaints all over Thailand 

i was in bohput  police station for 2 hours last night  submitting my report 

if your a victim and you wish to open police  report

1. photo copy  passport

2. print  every bank transaction  you made to the website

3. more information  print the website page if you have

4. sign every page 

the police  will tell you which  accounts  are open and which are still closed

then take the police  reports to each bank to submit your case

i went to 3 banks today

best of luck

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Kudos to the OP for admitting on the open forum that he fell for a scam because of his gullibility.

How many have been so gullible to be scammed for a lump sum payment followed by monthly payments by an uneducated peasant on here? ????

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2021 at 11:06 PM, Catkiwi said:

I must be missing something because the OP was very vague and the topic title was just weird...? Please, someone tell me I have not finally tripped out.

You are not alone. After reading the OP I was totally confused.

First post by member by member dabhand seems to nail it (link to thethaiger.com).

Greed seems to kill the last few brain cells.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steelerian said:

realistically, is there anything that the police can do here? 

Depends how smart the scammers are.  If they haven't managed to empty the local Thai accounts the police can ask the banks to freeze them, or if they are able to trace local participants they can arrest them and freeze their assets. Very small chance of this happening.

I know quite a few Thais and farangs here in Samui sucked in...some have lost fair bit of money.  A bank employee was telling that the branch was quite busy with people printing statements for the police.

1 minute ago, gearbox said:

I know quite a few Thais and farangs here in Samui sucked in...some have lost fair bit of money.  A bank employee was telling that the branch was quite busy with people printing statements for the police.

I lost some also, hence my interest in the thread. 

Just now, steelerian said:

I lost some also, hence my interest in the thread. 

Sorry about that.

My gf sent me a link to one of these online shops in early December (I was outside Thailand) to ask me if this thing is legit, as apparently many people around her were "making money" there.  After researching a bit of the domain registrations I told her to go nowhere near this stuff. In a hindsight I should have been more proactive and report it to the relevant online crime authorities, but I never thought anyone would put anything more than 200-500 baht in anything like this. I was proved wrong...

On 2/11/2021 at 11:50 PM, KhunBENQ said:

You are not alone. After reading the OP I was totally confused.

First post by member by member dabhand seems to nail it (link to thethaiger.com).

Greed seems to kill the last few brain cells.

Add to the greed ignorance and desperation. The times are tough for many people in desperate financial circumstances. I know some Thais with empty bank accounts who saw a ray of hope and have put their last wages there, only to find out they don't have money now to pay their rent...loan sharks have their turn again.