32 arrests of Thais, Chinese and Laotians in crackdown on trafficking gangs

webfact

32 arrests of Thais, Chinese and Laotians in crackdown on trafficking gangs

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's chief of immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang announced the latest arrests in the country's continuing crackdown on migrant trafficking gangs. 

In three cases nine Thais, 2 Laotians and 21 Chinese nationals were arrested. 

In the first case illegal Chinese migrants were being transported from mae Sot, Tak, in Thailand's north west to the border at Mae Sai in Chiang Rai in the far north.

In the second case people from Laos were crossing the Maekhong River in the Chiang Saen area by longtail boat.

In the third case also in Chiang Saen (Chiang Rai) a Thai driver was arrested along with three Chinese at a natural border area.

Naew Na reported that the Thai authorities were now expanding their inquiries to get to the masterminds behind the mules. 

Gen Sompong was briefing the media at IB HQ yesterday.

The issue of illegal migrants has been dominating IB activity in recent months due cases of Covid brought into he country from neighboring countries and among migrant workers amid political pressure to shore up Thailand's porous borders. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-10

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The issue of illegal migrants has been dominating IB activity in recent months due cases of Covid brought into he country from neighboring countries and among migrant workers amid political pressure to shore up Thailand's porous borders.

Holes which seemed to be well greased?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, law ling said:

Well done by the police - but it just goes to show illegal entry is still occuring.

I wonder why the Chinese come ... and why their own country doesn't have better control over who leaves China.

Maybe they are in search of women to marry?  I hear that inventory has gotten low in China.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, law ling said:

Well done by the police - but it just goes to show illegal entry is still occuring.

I wonder why the Chinese come ... and why their own country doesn't have better control over who leaves China.

By letting as many of their people migrate legally or illegally, will accomplish the government objective to have a foothold in every country that will lead to domination .not necessarily soon but it could be after 50 years.

Many China men arrive illegally in Malaysia and assume dead local chinese identities. Few caught over the past few years. 

On 2/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, law ling said:

Do you really wonder? I don't. But then the RTP don't especially impress me so I don't suppose I would really...

Edited by Taswegian23