Best Pizza In Phuket

igotworms

I saw this thread on the Samui board and I thought it was a good idea. I have yet to experience the fattening bliss of an excellent pizza. Anyone have suggestions? Where are the prime pizza joints?

I've been living in Phuket for well over a year now and I have yet to find quality pizza. But I haven't really been looking and I bet there's some good stuff to be had.

A good place in my area is Twins restaurant on Surin Beach.

mmmm...pizza

:o

They also have a flinstone bakery in Patong. I dont know if they sell pizza also.

Jimmy's lighthouse sells good pizza

The pizza's at Pizzeria Hut 1 and 2 are pretty good also

Had dinner at La Cusina the other day and the pizza's we also good

The pizza company pizza's are also ok as long as you take the thing crust.

La Gondola in Kata. For me, the best pizzas on Phuket, and at very reasonable prices, too. As good as the best pizzas in Bangkok.

They also have a quite inexpensive but decent house wine, another reason for me to go there.

That's a long user name.

Is this Kata joint a French gourmet pizza place? (on a mountain or suspended from a wire...um...sorry)

Or...is it a good ol' fashioned pepperoni heartburn pizza shack (with wine of course)?

P Bar is about halfway on Nanai. Haven't been to Phuket for some months now but there used to be a road from Rat-U-Thit (beside the old 7-eleven) that would take you to Nanai (pass the market). P Bar is right on that T-section. Does not look like a Pizza place though. But ask around. You'll find it.

Maggies in Rawai (between the sunshine bar and the freedom bar) Best Pizza Best prices.

Lorenzo's in Nai Harn (At the main entrance to the Royal Meridian Yatch Club) Great pizza, great other items too, also great music, although a touch expensive compared to maggies, worth it for the location.

The Italian place on Nanai is called Thai Italy (apt), and Eusebio is a great host. Pizza chef was away in Italy for a month, but is back now guarding his wood burning oven.

Real authentic thin pizza bases. None of this bread overload, stuffed crust American <deleted>! Ciabatta bread with olive oil and balsamic, and coffee (the proper stuff) is all free! :o

Tiramissu they make is to die for, house wine is very reasonable and all within staggering didtance of my gaf! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best Pizza in Thailand is to be had on NaiHarn beach. Owned and operated by an expat Italian guy who learnt from a master Pizza maker in Italy before he moved to Thailand to be with his Thai wife. Called Lorenzo's - looks very downmarket shack in amongst the other restaurants / shops but it really is the bet Pizza. Cooked in authentic stone oven (built himself). Has a tree in the middle going through the roof. Open everday / evening during the season. A bit hit and mis off season :o

• 3 months later...

Ok, old topic, but there's a new restaurant in Patong called Papa Joe's, and their pizza is GREAT. By any standard. Located on Rat-U-Thit behind Charoen Optical, about 200 ms from Bangla towards Soinamien. Not much of a venue, but... yummy. Try the Italian sausage w/bell peppers. (I even got a free beer when I ordered a large one!) Well, just thought I'd let you know.

Ok, old topic, but there's a new restaurant in Patong called Papa Joe's, and their pizza is GREAT. By any standard. Located on Rat-U-Thit behind Charoen Optical, about 200 ms from Bangla towards Soinamien. Not much of a venue, but... yummy. Try the Italian sausage w/bell peppers. (I even got a free beer when I ordered a large one!) Well, just thought I'd let you know.

Sounds good to me....I'll give it a go.

:o

Without a doubt for me (so far - and admittedly after only about 6 months of living here), the absolutely best pizza on the island is at "The bakery" at Canal Village in Laguna. As some of you probably know, this is a small little stand-alone cafe serving excellent cuisine off of a limited menu (kitchen's not that big!) and the pizza is easily some of the best I have ever experienced. As a native of a very Italian "suburb" of Boston and a former resident in Italy for 3 yrs, I can say that without a doubt it is "world class". I am not sure but would expect that the pizza at the main Sheraton Laguna restaurant would be equally good with same recipe, equipment, etc but don't know frankly because have never dined there. Just be aware that the Canal Village cafe is only open til 6pm daily so don't plan a dinner there (maybe a good reason to go to the Sheraton resto). By the way, excellent cappucinos and FREE WiFi internet access are also good reasons why I go there (although I got addicted to their pizza long before the WiFi started). Why am I telling you all this anyway?

PS: For anyone who actually (honestly) likes any of the chain pizza places around - especially Pizza Company, PLEASE do not try out REAL pizza here in Laguna. I would rather eat anything else rather than the garbage served at these places. PS : Beware of heaps of corn thrown unannounced onto your Pizza Co pizza (they only inform you of it on the thai language menu) I went there ONCE and will NEVER go back.

Buon appetito !!