Suan Dusit Poll's

frodo

Surayud still supported as PM: survey (Nation)

Poll: Surayud support down to 33 pct (Bangkok Post)

I love these headlines! Different papers, different perspectives. However, while reading both articles, I find it can confusing as to what the actual results are. This is nothing here and I see poll results giving two different poll results. Maybe I'm missing something or something to do with payroll?

Surayud still supported as PM: survey

The majority of the people still want Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont to continue running the country, an opinion survey has found.

The survey was carried out by Suan Dusit Pollster among 3,173 respondents nationwide. The results were announced Sunday.

The survey found that 49.51 per cent of the respondents wanted Surayud to remain in his position while 21.37 wanted him to be out of office and the rest had no comment.

When asked whether they want the government to remain in office, 42.92 per cent of the respondents said yes, 28.41 said no and the rest had no comment.

The survey found that 39.33 per cent of the respondents wanted Surayud to reshuffle his Cabinet while 24.33 did not want the Cabinet to be changed and the rest had no comment.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30034101

Poll: Surayud support down to 33 pct

(TNA) – Only 33 per cent of people nationwide surveyed in a recent poll want Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont to complete his term of service.

A Suan Dusit Rajabhat University survey – better known as the Suan Dusit Poll – showed that 16.5 per cent of respondents were quite reluctant to have Gen Surayud to stay on in his post while 12 per cent wanted him to leave.

The poll surveyed 3,173 people nationwide. As usual, it gave no margin of error.

Regarding whether they wanted the current government to continue running the country, only 25 per cent said they wanted Gen Surayud and his cabinet to continue, and 16 per cent wanted the cabinet to leave, according to the survey.

Regarding a cabinet reshuffle, 39 per cent said they wanted to see changes in every ministry. They rated interior, finance and defence portfolios as worst, because ministers worked too slowly.

Only 24 per cent did not want a reshuffle, saying that ministers had put utmost efforts into their work.

Bangkok Post

http://bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/break...s.php?id=118718

:o

since when does the people's opinion matter in thailand, or anywhere else for that matter?

It doesn't, but maybe the guys are just amused by having polls, maybe they even gamble on it :o