New Bike - 2020 Aerox? Wait for 2021 version? Honda Click?

tommytank

Morning All,

Just moved back and looking for a new scooter.  I saw a Yamaha Aerox in a local dealer which looks nice and would do me fine.  It's up for 70k.

However, when googling it to read the reviews it appears a 2021 upgraded model has just been released.  Any idea how long it takes for them to appear at dealers?  Is it worth waiting for this model?

Or is it work considering a Honda Click 150i?

I don't have a bike at the moment so looking to buy something quite soon.

TIA
Tom

Consider how you're going to use the bike. If you're likely to have a lot of shopping to lug around, then the Click is the better choice. We have both, (his & hers) so we do have a choice.

As a machine to ride and really have fun on my vote's on the Aerox. I've seen the 2021 version and there's little difference. As @Henryford it's just cosmetic. 70,0000 THB is a reasonable price although you didn't mention which version it was. I bought the ABS version a year ago for 74,000. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I have been offered an older Honda Click low miles low price.

Owned by a part time resident who cannot come to Thailand for a while.

Any reason not to?

Can't transfer book w/ absentee owner..

32 minutes ago, papa al said:

Can't transfer book w/ absentee owner..

That's wrong. Can do the transfer, but obviously the owner needs to send the required documents by mail. Besides of the usual documents and copies, the DLT wants to see a copy of the "exit Thailand" stamp.

48 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Any reason not to?

Let the owner send all required documents to Thailand first, so that you can verify everything before paying for it, then I don't see a problem with it.

Edited by jackdd

We have a 2017 click 125i and a 2019 aerox i never use the click anymore since the aerox arrived, i'm 194cm i find the aerox much better the ride, hands down the aerox nails the underseat storage, the click has a flat floor and shopping hook but you can carry as much on the aerox. 

As  one poster said what do you want it for? Both bikes will do what you want but for me the aerox is in front of the click.