Switch ED Visa to Tourist Visa

Hi,

I’m going to switch my Non-B to ED Visa for a culinary course in Bangkok. The course will end 28 Oct 21 and I will fly to Paris for another course starting 6th January. Within this Period from 28 Oct to 1st January 22, can I switch ED Visa to Tourist Visa? 

Please advise.

Thank you!

You will not be changing from a non-b visa to a non-ed visa. You would only be changing the reason for your extension of stay. Non immigrant visa categories cannot be changed while in the country.

You cannot change from a non immigrant visa to a tourist visa while in the country.

If the 60 day covid 19 extension were still available in October you could apply for one with an extension based upon attending school.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be changing from a non-b visa to a non-ed visa. You would only be changing the reason for your extension of stay. Non immigrant visa categories cannot be changed while in the country.

You cannot change from a non immigrant visa to a tourist visa while in the country.

If the 60 day covid 19 extension were still available in October you could apply for one with an extension based upon attending school.

Thank you for your response.

I did check with the school and immigration, for now it’s possible to switch VISA without living the country due to covid. But previously I knew we can’t do that. 

I'm just worried about the ED to tourist after October as I’m planning to leave during End of Dec. Will check with Immigration side again. Thank you!