Thai government school holidays - school closure 2021

• 2 months later...

My wife has just been informed today by a representative of a small private school in Pattaya, that it had been decided by the Ministry Of Education to close all schools nationwide for June and eventually July 2021 because of the pandemic. So they will not begin teaching on May 26, 2021 as they had planned and a new date for opening in June or July will be communicated as soon as they will know. This information had been given orally at a high-level meeting in Bangkok just a few days ago, she said.

Can anybody confirm this or even better - has a link to an officially published statement somewhere ?

31 minutes ago, moogradod said:

My wife has just been informed today by a representative of a small private school in Pattaya, that it had been decided by the Ministry Of Education to close all schools nationwide for June and eventually July 2021 because of the pandemic. So they will not begin teaching on May 26, 2021 as they had planned and a new date for opening in June or July will be communicated as soon as they will know. This information had been given orally at a high-level meeting in Bangkok just a few days ago, she said.

Can anybody confirm this or even better - has a link to an officially published statement somewhere ?

Where did you get that info?

My wife is a school director, and knows nothing about any decision by ed ministry.

It may be a misunderstanding - I have not been there and the info is second source. Thats why I asked for clarification and if anybody knew exactly.

Confirmed and correct is that this particular school in Pattaya wanted to reopen on May 26 but they will not because they have been disallowed to do so - so they say. And they do not know when they will be allowed to open. All because of the pandemic - they say.

Whether this is a Ministry of Education thing or nationwide might have been a interpretation of my wife. And @colinneil : I am far from being cranky or at least far from being impolite.

• Confused 1