My 5 yr drivers licence has expired. What docs do I need to take?

bbabythai

I just realised that my thai 5 yr drivers licence expired last month. 

If you have recently been in this situation and renewed your DL please advise exactly what documents you had to present to get it renewed. 

Do they take photos at the centre still? Will I have to do the amazing break test again? 

thanks

14 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I just realised that my thai 5 yr drivers licence expired last month. 

If you have recently been in this situation and renewed your DL please advise exactly what documents you had to present to get it renewed. 

Do they take photos at the centre still? Will I have to do the amazing break test again? 

thanks

E67BDD9A-BF3C-4826-9479-A3F3891BFA45.jpeg.e0fd7c3dbf5552709a449fca4d156435.jpeg
the break test peripheral and colour blindness, yes. Photographs depending on the DLT office, you or no.

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

E67BDD9A-BF3C-4826-9479-A3F3891BFA45.jpeg.e0fd7c3dbf5552709a449fca4d156435.jpeg
the break test peripheral and colour blindness, yes. Photographs depending on the DLT office, you or no.

thanks for the info. please tell me that a pointless 'certificate of residence' from immigration is not required? I have a yellow book and a pink card. Surely this is suffice? 

34 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

thanks for the info. please tell me that a pointless 'certificate of residence' from immigration is not required? I have a yellow book and a pink card. Surely this is suffice? 

Maybe yes, maybe no. Since you are keeping your location secret that’s the best answer you  will get

its useful to complete your profile 

• Haha 1

Just photo copy everything.  I remember thinking I had everything covered but I still forgot something.  My old license needed photocopying.  Luckily there was a place outside.  Get there early and be prepared for a long ardious morning.  If you're really unlucky you'll still be there in the afternoon.

However, it may not be so busy do to the current situation.

3 hours ago, essexman said:

Just photo copy everything.  I remember thinking I had everything covered but I still forgot something.  My old license needed photocopying.  Luckily there was a place outside.  Get there early and be prepared for a long ardious morning.  If you're really unlucky you'll still be there in the afternoon.

However, it may not be so busy do to the current situation.

did you need to give a 'certificate of residence' ?

thanks

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

NEED c of r.......for definate

Neither your post nor the “you don’t need it if you have the yellow book and pink card” are universal.

Some offices accept “yellow book and pink card” 

Some offices only accept an immigration or embassy C of R

Most offices accept the old work permit with your address.

Some offices refuse non Thai people 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1