A pain in my arm

1FinickyOne

Upper arm [where you might get an injection] a very strong dull pain... sometimes it really hurts

usually I can find a spot when sitting and resting... where there is no pain, but anything active can cause it to hurt... 

And now it is creeping up toward my shoulder...

I have had it before but not as severe...

What can this be and any home cure possible? 

I will try tiger balm... 

Arms are susceptible to "pinched nerves", sometimes from sleeping on them or sometimes because of a joint or tendon inflammation.

You can try NSAID's for a few days and see if it goes away. 

As Lopburi3 notes, left arm pain can be a symptom of cardiac issues.  Worth it to get a check-up. 

• Thanks 1

I see many MDs here in TVF....

Don't believe anything they tell you, because doing a diagnosis over the internet can potentially turn out into an absolutely incorrect diagnosis. Go to a doctor and have it checked by him. 

Else you may make a costly assumption that it is something, when it is not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Upper arm [where you might get an injection] a very strong dull pain... sometimes it really hurts

usually I can find a spot when sitting and resting... where there is no pain, but anything active can cause it to hurt... 

And now it is creeping up toward my shoulder...

I have had it before but not as severe...

What can this be and any home cure possible? 

I will try tiger balm... 

yeah, Tiger balm should fix it.........

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

you need to see an orthopedic doctor

It is recurring, but worse now and almost feels as though it could be due to a keyboard habit??

Certain positions no pain at all... motion is not good...

Any recommendations for a good orthopedic doc in Chiang Mai?

Could it be arthritis? And how do they check for that? 

https://chanakarn.com/th/

Arthritis is I think unlikely.

Problem in the cervical spine compressing a nerve is a possibility

So is referred pain from carpal tunnel entrapment. And many other things.

The first step is a physical examination by a skilled ortho. A great deal can be determined from that alone.Delending on findings, xray, possibly MRI may be ordered. Sometimes nerve conduction studies but it very much depends on what the differential diagnoses are.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It is recurring, but worse now and almost feels as though it could be due to a keyboard habit??

Certain positions no pain at all... motion is not good...

Any recommendations for a good orthopedic doc in Chiang Mai?

Could it be arthritis? And how do they check for that? 

Do you use a computer a lot? I had a similar issue when I took up painting. It caused tension in one arm. I could not sleep on that arm. I fixed it over a couple of weeks by doing some stretching exercises I found on youtube. Those exercises mainly involved the hand but they have an effect over the whole arm as everything is connected.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Do you use a computer a lot? I had a similar issue when I took up painting. It caused tension in one arm. I could not sleep on that arm. I fixed it over a couple of weeks by doing some stretching exercises I found on youtube. Those exercises mainly involved the hand but they have an effect over the whole arm as everything is connected.

Thanks - that is also my first thought.. I spend a lot of time typing on computer and clicking too... I have changed over the mouse to my right hand and am trying to limit the time... stretching sounds good.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

OP. Do you have access to a swimming pool . Swimming is not the answer to everything but, like Heineken, it does reach parts others (exercise) do not

yes, I have a pool... I had a milder episode a month ago and was wondering if the swimming motion was causing it... but I think not...

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Thanks - that is also my first thought.. I spend a lot of time typing on computer and clicking too... I have changed over the mouse to my right hand and am trying to limit the time... stretching sounds good.

This is the video I followed. Try these exercises. 

• Thanks 1