U.S. mourns half a million lives lost to coronavirus

webfact

On 2/24/2021 at 9:29 AM, placeholder said:

Only someone who believed that there was any basis to Trump's claim of a stolen election and that Biden's win was not a sure thing within a few days after f Nov 3 would claim that the election results needed fortifying. Give up that fantasy, already. Or at the very least, please cease from regurgitating it.

Read the TIME article.  They claimed fortifying the election.  Not me.  They also explained how and why they chose to fortify long after the election was over.

Then read Clarence Thomas's dissenting opinion if you really think the election was as clean as they claim.

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Read the TIME article.  They claimed fortifying the election.  Not me.  They also explained how and why they chose to fortify long after the election was over.

Then read Clarence Thomas's dissenting opinion if you really think the election was as clean as they claim.

Because Clarence Thomas is an authority on elections? He's been widely criticized for his comments because they seem based on nothing factual at all. As for the Time magazine article, even if you did provide a link so that your assertion is confirmed, so what? Lockdowns weren't imposed strictly enough, there was a surge in cases before the inauguration, and how did that affect the ridiculous attempts by Team Trump to overturn the election?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gargamon said:

The Trump Pandemic will be over shortly. As for Trump 2024, he will be either dead or in jail. A morbidly obese 78 year old in 2024 living on a diet of junk food...

I'm with ya. But the thing is he opened the door for nut job corporate fascists and their 'unhinged' conspiracies. If Trump survives his case in NY which his taxes have just been disclosed fully, he may split the Republican Party.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:53 AM, pegman said:

Nope, I live 60 miles from the USA and can say we were horrified by the Americans lax approach dealing with the COVID. Our politicians made mistakes and we have our share of Freedumbers and Covidiots but overall we pretty much stuck with what the experts recommended. We also have socialized healthcare which is better equipped to deal with such a crisis. As a result our death rate per cap is much, much lower. As for the UK Boris played down the virus untill he caught it himself. By that time it was running wild. 

Yeah it seems for the most part Americans now a days think this is how it is and there isn't any better as far as demanding more from the government and comparing our social institutions to other developed countries. Especially boomers who live in nice suburbs. I'm talking about the, PMC or professional managerial class.

In Canada you have been getting relief checks or cash deposits since the beginning right? Alongside socialized healthcare, yeah. And in the States they not only BS about relief payments it's hardly anything at all when it did come through. All while there is no socialized healthcare.

I blame the media and the corporate coup d'état that many haven't grasped yet.