Koh Lanta Camping

SeanPhuket

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't know of anywhere on Koh Lanta that you can camp, there might well be somewhere though. However, not far from Koh Lanta is Koh Rok, many tourists that visit Lanta would join 1 or 2 night trips to Koh Rok where you can go camping, it was very common before covid, not sure what is still going these days though. My friend runs a tour company called Freedom Adventures who used to go on fairly frequent overnight camping trips and you could charter them as a family. I'm fairly sure they are still up and running (I don't live on Lanta anymore so not 100%) , but perhaps worth contacting them via their website or facebook to get more info? 

I hope that helps a bit ????

On 3/7/2021 at 7:08 PM, fin5prtw said:

Hello,

I don't know of anywhere on Koh Lanta that you can camp, there might well be somewhere though. However, not far from Koh Lanta is Koh Rok, many tourists that visit Lanta would join 1 or 2 night trips to Koh Rok where you can go camping, it was very common before covid, not sure what is still going these days though. My friend runs a tour company called Freedom Adventures who used to go on fairly frequent overnight camping trips and you could charter them as a family. I'm fairly sure they are still up and running (I don't live on Lanta anymore so not 100%) , but perhaps worth contacting them via their website or facebook to get more info? 

I hope that helps a bit ????

Thanks mate.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a new place called "The Anchor Place" in Baan Hua Laem, on the East coast about 4 km South of Old Town. It's highlighted / tagged on Google Earth.

Woody and Mimi are very pleasant hosts, tel. 0846-471-361, and can speak good English. They have a large artificial sandy beach up to their sea wall, so it's a sea front location. East coast Lanta is very peaceful and unspoilt, and Old Town is the nicest town on the island, where most local boat / island tours leave from Old Town pier, (check availability in these restrictive times).