Your Favourite Airline To/from LOS

Flummoxed

Read my post first.....  

723 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite is Air France. I have't a problems, when use it.

Air France is ok, but Charles de Gaulle is almost as bad as LHR.

Now I travel Etihad, as breaking the journey into approx 50/50 splits suits me. It seems to allow me to arrive in BKK in much better condition, than the long haul flights.

The new terminal in Abu Dhabi is quite good, although the signposting is a little confusing.

Singapore Airlines is the best for flights in Asia, although Thai Air is also very good out of BKK.

Emirates is pretty good if you are in the vicinity of Dubai. Prices are good and the FA's are of all nationalities. Not too much preference given to Mid-Easterners, everybody pretty much the same. Great In Flight Entertainment on seat back screens. Food decent. FA's nice for the most part and very very attractive. All bi-lingual in some combination + English.

Schedules are OK, of course must transit final to BKK via Dubai.

Only flown Thai from Perth and has been ok am giving Malaysian Air a chance cost was main reason with wife and chid now any comments on Malaysian Air?

Flew with them KL to Adelaide a few years ago (prawn class) - no complaints at all. Good service, friendly staff, new plane. Memorably, on the return leg, just before departure, a little chap in a turban (Sikh) came and stood at the front of the cabin with a microphone, and proceeded to introduce himself as the Captain, told us about weather conditions, flight times etc., and suggested that we were moderate in our intake of alcohol due to it having a greater effect at high altitude! It both made me smile and gave me a great degree of confidence in the flight crew. So much more personal than the usual tannoy announcements from the flight deck.

Flying Athens-BKK I normally use Gulf Air. Always good service, best prices, and as the Bahrain connection on the return leg is about 12 hours, they always provide a hotel, evening meal and breakfast (included in the ticket price). Last time around, we got a suite in a 4 star hotel with a bed the size of a football pitch. :D A couple of years ago, I went to check in at Athens, and was told to come back in an hour, as there was a delay on the incoming. When I returned to the desk, they told me there would be a four hour delay. As this meant I probably wouldn't make the connection in Bahrain to BKK, they offered me the choice of either an overnight stay in Bahrain, or a transfer to a Thai Airways direct flight leaving in an hour. As I say, always good service.

Also like Emirates and Thai Airways, but Gulf tends to be cheaper.

About 10 years ago, I flew LHR-BKK with Aeroflot..... :D . I don't know what people here have heard about them, but I can assure you that whatever you've heard, they are in fact much worse than that.... :)

• 1 month later...

I just moved to Thailand from Moscow, where I had plenty of flights with Aeroflot. While they may have had their problems in the past, they have come a long way and flying is nothing different from flying with other airlines, either in business or economy. Granted, the cabin personnel are usuallu babushkas with grandmotherly touches, but also very friendly most of the time.

AirFrance has presented me with the most unpleasant flying erxperiences in the past, so much that I have destroyed my frequent flyer card and have vowed never to fly with them again.

I am now flying mostly Thai and am happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This poll reflects my own thoughts (and that don't usually happen). Having flown scores of times Eva wins hands down, with Thai a close second if you get a newer aircraft.

Gulf/Emirites/Eithad - Never again. The stopover is a killer and the staff are impolite.

BA/Quantis - What a joke. I had a 50 year old male as my air steward. When you pay money in good faith you expect a decent bit of totty pouring your drinks.

Anyone remeber the Air Guruada direct flights from London? Non-stop flight, cheap as chips, smoking section and the added thrill that you may nose dive to oblivion at any given moment. Ah. those were the days.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

:)

This is for all you Guys and Girls who think Etihad are good

THE TALE OF THE ARAB FLIGHT CREW Written by To The Point News Friday, 16

May 2008 The brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger

airplane ever built, sat in its hangar in Toulouse , France without a single

hour of airtime. Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft

Technologies (ADAT) on November 15, 2007 to conduct pre-delivery tests on

the ground...

It took over a year for this racist email to arrive on my computer today and I did some research, with the following result:

...Nine crew members were on board, one of whom was an employee of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies, a service provider to Etihad Airways. The nationalities and affiliations of the other crew members have not been revealed...

Source: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/air...t-hits-wall.htm

I guess the accident investigation report did not mention the race and religion of the persons at the aircraft’s controls because it was immaterial to the investigation, but it was unlikely to include the employee of a service provider to Etihad Airways, whose race and religion was apparently also not mentioned in the report.

--

Maestro

Emirates because:

* They have the best entertainment system I have seen. Seatback personal video/music with large catalog (you can get entire discography of some bands for instance

* Modern fleet with the new Airbus double decker on the Middle east to Bangkok leg, which has laptop power to every economy seat

* Dubai is the best interchange in the Middle East - airbridges not long distance buses (Gulf Air). Cool terminal with loads of space, nice wine bar to smoke in not some grotty backrooms (Abu Dhabi) and free wifi signal.

* Food above average and nicely presented with real cutlery on the non-London (Europe?) legs

* You can choose your preferred seat and check in on-line 24 hours in advance; ok I know many others have this facility, but Thai for one does not (don't get me started on that ancient airline - although I do use them if I want to pay £150 more for a direct flight and just go to sleep - there is no watchable entertainment on Thai from London)

Downsides to Emirates:

* They know they are sh£it hot and charge a £50 premium over other middle east carriers

* Staff are average - too muticultural to get on as a happy smiley team!!

* The big bus into BKK takes an age to unload us cattle, due to their being an entire floor of rich b$st£rds above us - make that 'fools easily parted from money' (I spent a lifetime on company money in Concorde, First and Club but you won't catch me paying personally for a Club or above seat). Play it smart - stay seated and listen to the cool music (I like to catch up with their what's new folder - a boon for old b7ggers like me that don't read hip magazines or go to Dude's parties - as you can see from the out-of date lingo I use.

Emirates because:

* They have the best entertainment system I have seen. Seatback personal video/music with large catalog (you can get entire discography of some bands for instance

* Modern fleet with the new Airbus double decker on the Middle east to Bangkok leg, which has laptop power to every economy seat

* Dubai is the best interchange in the Middle East - airbridges not long distance buses (Gulf Air). Cool terminal with loads of space, nice wine bar to smoke in not some grotty backrooms (Abu Dhabi) and free wifi signal.

* Food above average and nicely presented with real cutlery on the non-London (Europe?) legs

* You can choose your preferred seat and check in on-line 24 hours in advance; ok I know many others have this facility, but Thai for one does not (don't get me started on that ancient airline - although I do use them if I want to pay £150 more for a direct flight and just go to sleep - there is no watchable entertainment on Thai from London)

Downsides to Emirates:

* They know they are sh£it hot and charge a £50 premium over other middle east carriers

* Staff are average - too muticultural to get on as a happy smiley team!!

* The big bus into BKK takes an age to unload us cattle, due to their being an entire floor of rich b$st£rds above us - make that 'fools easily parted from money' (I spent a lifetime on company money in Concorde, First and Club but you won't catch me paying personally for a Club or above seat). Play it smart - stay seated and listen to the cool music (I like to catch up with their what's new folder - a boon for old b7ggers like me that don't read hip magazines or go to Dude's parties - as you can see from the out-of date lingo I use.