Amazing Thailand video: Man on way to get a birthday cake disappears down sidewalk hole

webfact

Amazing Thailand video: Man on way to get a birthday cake disappears down sidewalk hole

10pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Extraordinary video being viewed online showed the moment a tall man got out of a pick-up and disappeared down a hole in the sidewalk.

The owner of a nearby cake shop, Phatsita, 46, said that he and a woman passenger in the vehicle were on their way to her shop to get a birthday cake they had ordered. 

It happened on Janyanon Road in Bang Wua sub-district of Chachoengsao on Sunday late afternoon. 

She said that a small ladder was obtained and the man was able to clamber out of the sewer. Only the very top of his head had been visible.

He was cleaned up and given first aid at the shop.

10pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Fortunately he was not badly injured and mainly just had scratches from the wire "reinforcement" of the concrete lid.

He didn't want hospital treatment and after the incident they all went back home to Samut Prakan.

Even though it was Sunday night the local authority, clearly shamed by the online backlash, quickly repaired three covers over the smelly sewer that looked like new come Monday morning. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-02

I can recall viewing video footage (some years ago) on the Internet of a woman that was pushing

a pram (baby stroller) during a super heavy downpour in Barcelona. The water pressure blew the cast iron manhole cover into the air and the unfortunate woman was sucked into vortex that was

created and into the drain. Just goes to show ... we are all Lottery Tickets – (imo). ????

14 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Had that been a woman falling down the hole, you would have claimed she was on her way to see you.:cheesy:????????:cheesy:????

they are all on the way to see me, they just don't know it yet. :clap2:

good morning Colin how are you? 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Must be a very slow day for the news stations to warrant 15 minute video slot

You must be lucky...

I replied to a post once saying it must be a slow news day and received a suspension. 

• Like 1

I think I have been around too long. My first thought was "Who the hell is dumb enough to step on a manhole cover". The guy gets a pass though, seems like a poor rural villager out of his depth in the city. Not his fault for assuming he could walk on a sidewalk.

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Lucky was not raining hard or could have ended up miles away

Reminds me of Rev W.A. Spooner (coined the word 'spoonerism' due to his own genuine speech impediment):

You must leave by the town drain (should have been 'down train').

Another one: You have hissed all my mystery lectures (missed all my history lectures).

Edited by bluesofa

Glad to see they replaced the sub standard covers with more sub standard covers that will probably break as soon as someone drives onto it, to park on the footpath, the curb is broken already. keep up the good work Thailand.