what extra parts should I get along with a second hand pickup

kekalot

I am about to buy a second Suzuki Carry and was looking to see if there were any extra parts I should be buying while visiting the dealership for a checkup

I have already a tire inflater and a few gimmicks but nothing for a proper little tool kit and get a jack but.. should I get an extra air filter, timing belt, wheels, oil filters, wiper blades, fuses, sparkplug and/or what else?

my dad was a mechanic but he left home when I was young, I could know all this but ya

10 hours ago, mogandave said:

Are you negotiating to get these things free or buying them? 

If it includes a spare tire and the kit to change it, I would buy nothing else extra until I needed it. 

oh no, buying them. if a spare tire + kit is the only thing worth buying then it will be that.

• Like 1

Most things can be checked during routine maintenance and purchased as required.

If you wash your own car this gives you a chance to see them before they fail.

Carry some spare fuses, and the fone number of a roll on roll off truck in case of breakdown

• Like 2

The timing belt is a good thing to have checked/changed if it's got a lot of kms on it. If the engine is an interference fit type and the belt fails valves could hit pistons, obviously not a good thing. It might be chain drive but better to find out. That's one of the first things I checked on a friend's second hand Suzuki Swift; it was a chain drive so no issues with belts.

Spare tire, jack ,star wrench a can of fix a flat if available nice to have to help others if nessary air filter set of box open end wrenches fuses duct tape extra oil but all for naught if you don’t know how to use it lol good luck drive safe and I like those little trucks!!!

• Like 1

Don't buy parts from a dealer, unless you want to pay 3 times the price, many of those FB battery shops sell or can order parts and are of fair price and quality. Example; new electric fan from Nissan cost 3,200b lasted 13months and little mileage. New fan from FB shop 1,200 now 2yrs old still fine.

• Like 2

btw this truck is second hand (few years back) but I must have edited the word out (I do go back and edit stuff like that) then and saw it too late to edit it..

so it read like I was getting a second one

alright well I got some good ideas, mostly confirms what I thought I needed.

I actually bought a bunch of other rubbish such as a backup camera, dashcam, replacement steering cover, phone holder, USB charger thing from lighter and prob looking to get some nicer seat and floor covers and random stuff.  just waiting to move so I can have parking space for it then imma go hunting on FB marketplace.

lots of poor people selling their stuff on there due to pandemic, can get pretty good pickups for 100-150k, worth a look!