Re-Entry Permit at the Airport possible?

Hello, 

Question for my friend who has a non-immi B visa and needs to travel abroad for a medical reason. She needs to stay 3-4 months and then needs to come back to Thailand. She needs a single re-entry to Thailand. Has anything changed during COVID or is it still possible to get the re-entry permit at the airport for 1000 Baht?

Thanks for any info,

Regards,

AusDieMaus

6 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

Hello, 

Question for my friend who has a non-immi B visa and needs to travel abroad for a medical reason. She needs to stay 3-4 months and then needs to come back to Thailand. She needs a single re-entry to Thailand. Has anything changed during COVID or is it still possible to get the re-entry permit at the airport for 1000 Baht?

Thanks for any info,

Regards,

AusDieMaus

The re-entry desk is still manned...  people can get their re-entry permits.

I’m not sure of the cost. I seem to remember 1600 or 1800 baht for a single and 4800 baht for a multiple, but the multiple re-entry visa I got in Dec could have been 3800 baht, so I’m not sure. 

Tell your friend to have enough cash just incase (they only accept cash for the re-entry visa).

• Like 1

OP, reentry permit available at airport. Single 1000baht. Multi 3800baht.

Easy process. Please note permit at Swampy obtained prior to passport control after security check. At DMK obtained at office just after passport control.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Tell your friend to have enough cash just incase (they only accept cash for the re-entry visa).

It's a reentry PERMIT not a visa. Also what other than cash does immigration accept for things such as extensions, reentry permits etc. Bitcoin?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know whether the re entry permit can be applied for at immigration by someone else than the passport holder, or does the passport holder has to appear in person to apply?

She could have somebody apply for a re-entry permit for her if they had proof there was a valid reason for her not being able do it in person.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, DrJack54 said:
On 3/11/2021 at 6:55 PM, richard_smith237 said:

It's a reentry PERMIT not a visa. Also what other than cash does immigration accept for things such as extensions, reentry permits etc. Bitcoin?

Thanks for the correction - Pre-Entry Permit (not visa).

Some people check-in at the airline counter, go through the security etc then don’t have CASH to pay for the Re-entry permit, no cards (credit or debit cars, or ‘other currencies’ accepted).

They only accept cash (Thai Cash) - thats what I meant by that comment, but you knew that already didn’t you Dr?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

thats what I meant by that comment, but you knew that already didn’t you Dr?

One thing is for sure. I certainly knew more than your words below in your post 

"I’m not sure of the cost. I seem to remember 1600 or 1800 baht for a single and 4800 baht for a multiple....."

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

thats what I meant by that comment, but you knew that already didn’t you Dr?

One thing is for sure. I certainly knew more than your words below in your post 

"I’m not sure of the cost. I seem to remember 1600 or 1800 baht for a single and 4800 baht for a multiple....."

erm... ok..  Well done.... 

If you’re spoiling for an online argument you’ll have to try harder though. 

• Sad 1