In Search of Thailand’s Best Coffee Beans

snoop1130

In Search of Thailand’s Best Coffee Beans

adfd.jpg

BANGKOK, March 12 (TNA) – The Department of Agriculture and the private sector organize the Thai Coffee Excellence 2021 contest to find premium arabica and robusta coffee beans. Entries will be accepted until March 31.

It is the first time that the International Coffee Organization gives financial support to the event as Thailand is its member.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-653755

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-03-12

• Like 1

Not sure what coffee they use I would like to know.

I have tried coffee all over this country.  Kind of odd I guess the best coffee for the price is 7-11.  I had one today on Beach road they seem to be running a discount 20b.  Fresh grind drip no BS.  Probably the best coffee/price in the country for fresh grind from my experience.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

what does it cost per cup?

I buy the Bon Cafe 'Cafe Crema' beans which are 100% Arabica, medium roast, beans are from Thailand. Cost for a 250g bag is Bht 195, I get about 25 cups from a 250g bag, so that's approx Bht 8 per cup plus the electric, sugar and milk.

I use a small hand grinder, and a simple drip filter, filter papers will set you back another Bht 1.7 per cup. So maybe 12 to 15 Baht per cup all in.

Edited by Stocky
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I buy 100% Arabica coffee beans direct from the roasters up in Chiang Mai..

Grind myself and do a pour-over method of brewing at home... better than any packed rubbish you buy from convenience stores.

Which roasters do you buy from?  

22 hours ago, Stocky said:

I buy the Bon Cafe 'Cafe Crema' beans which are 100% Arabica, medium roast, beans are from Thailand. Cost for a 250g bag is Bht 195, I get about 25 cups from a 250g bag, so that's approx Bht 8 per cup plus the electric, sugar and milk.

I use a small hand grinder, and a simple drip filter, filter papers will set you back another Bht 1.7 per cup. So maybe 12 to 15 Baht per cup all in.

'15 Baht per cup all in'.  So, the old saying, 'that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee' is still true.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, bkk6060 said:

Not sure what coffee they use I would like to know.

I have tried coffee all over this country.  Kind of odd I guess the best coffee for the price is 7-11.  I had one today on Beach road they seem to be running a discount 20b.  Fresh grind drip no BS.  Probably the best coffee/price in the country for fresh grind from my experience.

Except doing it yourself at home?

Ground fresh using a pour over method.

15g grind per 250ml of coffee = around 10baht per cup.

Edited by hotchilli

On 3/12/2021 at 7:39 PM, Stocky said:

I buy 1kg pack Arabica medium roast 650 baht direct from the Thai roaster up in Chiang Mai, 
I don't add sugar or milk as I prefer natural coffee taste.
Ground fresh using a pour over method.

15g grind per 250ml of coffee = around 10baht per cup.