Medical weed farming (CBD)

So the gov just announced that all households can grow up to 6 weed plants for sale to the gov/hospital. Apparently family members can form a social enterprise and team up for larger yields. They pay 45,000 Baht per kilo if it has a CBD content of 12% +, so the money is pretty good for growing a plant that will only take 3/4 months to grow.

Questions:

Mrs Ubon has a large family, but we are looking at just starting out with 6 plants. Do we need to register or anything with 6 plants, or is registration only required for social / community enterprises?

I've tried looking at the Thai FDA site, but there isn't a lot of information just yet. Where can I get more info?

Am I able to legally order high CBD seeds from Europe/America (these seeds typically have little THC bt high CDB properties)

Thank you kindly!

You have to buy from the government and sell back to the government. And no blueberry muffin. ???? My wife has 5 greenhouses and she is doing quite well with other projects. We have visited others that did get involve and she told me they can stick it where the moon does not shine.????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

You have to buy from the government and sell back to the government. And no blueberry muffin. ???? My wife has 5 greenhouses and she is doing quite well with other projects. We have visited others that did get involve and she told me they can stick it where the moon does not shine.????

Would you recommend doing it, or is it too much of a headache?

7 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

If you play by the rules give it a try.????

Definitely play by the rules... just thinking it could come in handy as i've grown before in the UK, and am quite capable of growing some monster trees with fimming and topping techniques. 6 plants every few months would net a decent 200K+with an avr 700g- 1kg yield per plant.  How do you buy from the gov?

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Definitely play by the rules... just thinking it could come in handy as i've grown before in the UK, and am quite capable of growing some monster trees with fimming and topping techniques. 6 plants every few months would net a decent 200K+with an avr 700g- 1kg yield per plant.  How do you buy from the gov?

I have been trying to find out as well. If I discover anything, I will let you know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

bumping...

Found some interesting info, looks a little complicated to get started with an enterprise, but it definitely looks like a serious cash crop.

https://www.cannabiscatalysts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CC-Insights-Thailand-Medical-Cannabis-v.1.2.pdf

Mrs Ubon was telling me that they'll pay 1,500 baht per kilo of cannabis leaf, and there's also money for seeds and stalks too. Add that onto the 30-45k per kilo of flower, and you've got a pretty viable business - indoor all year round grow.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello All, A long time ago, as boats where using wind for travelling around the world, In France or in England, they where using cannabis ( Chanvre) for building big ropes.

Nowadays, we can find more applications for using Cannabis, for building houses for example...

Houses without cement, ecological houses ... In France for example they use cannabis for that.

That's a great use, but we need the long part of the plant. I hope Thais will do the same and develop the product of this kind of business...

It is needed Cannabis with no THC in fact, only cannabis used for ropes ...

I hope in the future to find enough cannabis for building an ecological project ...

Thank you for reading, see you next, and have a nice day.

Uzul

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Saw an extensive piece on a new Community Enterprise in Pathum Rat, Roi Et.

Looks like they'll be light dep, at least during veg, or if a local landrace (squirrel tail) then just normal daylight.

That looks very interesting. Where did you find the info?

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Looks good, but how are they going to control the temperature? I can't see any cooling systems or air conditing.

Yes, seeing quite a few issues with this sort of implementation. More money spent on security, than the growing environment.

Didn't see any beefy power so no lights, which means they're growing squirrel tail, a local variety which can survive the heat.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, seeing quite a few issues with this sort of implementation. More money spent on security, than the growing environment.

Didn't see any beefy power so no lights, which means they're growing squirrel tail, a local variety which can survive the heat.

Damn... what a waste of money. No lighting, no air conditioning. Iv'e seen some people grow outdoors only and the plants look weak and small. They start flowering way too early because of the lack of sunlight hours. Looks like humidity & pests are going to be big problems too.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure now, maybe lights too, for veg?

160294637_3716677538409787_6199187439019129063_n.jpg

I think that's lighting from the spotlights. You'd see a bit of a yellowy tinge if it was from LED / HPS... and if it IS HPS they're gonna be very hot and humid underneath that plastic no?

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

They start flowering way too early because of the lack of sunlight hours.

Local landrace is fine with 12/12.

Local landrace survives fine here in the wild.

Seen some amazing plants here outdoors, and even as a western, indoor, autoflower grower I let my biases go.

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Local landrace is fine with 12/12.

Local landrace survives fine here in the wild.

Seen some amazing plants here outdoors, and even as a western, indoor, autoflower grower I let my biases go.

I thought the main issue with local landraces is that they are very high in THC content, but low in CBD. I heard the top grade (45k per kilo) has to contain a minimum of 12% CBD

On 4/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, Tug Captain said:

The numbers published about what will be paid for green product ARE VERY GROSSLY EXAGGERATED  plus this will all be tested for any type of additive or insecticide, pesticide, fungicide.........if there is anything on the plant, you can’t sell it, these products are certified 100% safe from everything.

even growing in a greenhouse in Thailand is a constant struggle with pests n fungus.  Marijuana is very prone to fungus in high humidity.

Mae Jo University near Chiang Mai planted 1200 plants, they only harvested 100 due to a fast moving fungus and also insects and that was at a nicer site that has agriculture programs.

good luck if you try it.

get that MOU first

We'll be doing an indoor, hydroponic grow to eliminate bugs / pest / mold etc. There's money to be made, but it depends on your grow methods and lighting. Indoor DWC hydroponic systems are sterile, huge reduction in time taken to grow and a big increase in final yield. Using advanced LED quantum board lighting systems with correct plant training techniques increases your yield further.

Growing outdoors in this climate is a waste of time. Greenhouse systems are very prone to mold, pests, bud rot etc. The key questions are strain types, getting started and further information etc... I can't seem to find any info that isn't in a newspaper story. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, 2530Ubon said:

We'll be doing an indoor, hydroponic grow to eliminate bugs / pest / mold etc. There's money to be made, but it depends on your grow methods and lighting. Indoor DWC hydroponic systems are sterile, huge reduction in time taken to grow and a big increase in final yield. Using advanced LED quantum board lighting systems with correct plant training techniques increases your yield further.

Growing outdoors in this climate is a waste of time. Greenhouse systems are very prone to mold, pests, bud rot etc. The key questions are strain types, getting started and further information etc... I can't seem to find any info that isn't in a newspaper story. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Strain info and advise can be got from any decent site selling seeds . Sensiseeds have a good site and they give advise on all seeds sold . They deliver worldwide and are well established . 

The key to stopping mould i have found is plenty of air circulation and not to pack too many plants ino one area . This is key with hydro and all growing medium.  

Sensiseeds have seeds which are genenically  designed to be very tolerant to humidity and not prone to mould . In theory these can be grown in high humidity areas without much human intervention.... autos etc. 

https://www.zamnesia.com/uk/blog-top-10-mould-resistant-cannabis-strains-n1777

Hope this helps a bit in starting up 

Edited by Macthehat
Adding a link
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Macthehat said:

Strain info and advise can be got from any decent site selling seeds . Sensiseeds have a good site and they give advise on all seeds sold . They deliver worldwide and are well established . 

The key to stopping mould i have found is plenty of air circulation and not to pack too many plants ino one area . This is key with hydro and all growing medium.  

Sensiseeds have seeds which are genenically  designed to be very tolerant to humidity and not prone to mould . In theory these can be grown in high humidity areas without much human intervention.... autos etc. 

https://www.zamnesia.com/uk/blog-top-10-mould-resistant-cannabis-strains-n1777

Hope this helps a bit in starting up 

I'm thinking more about if there are specific strains that the government want / imposed regulations. Perhaps there are regulations such as only Thai strains / crossed with a Thai strain / specific strains only etc. It's really hard to find information about this.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 1:00 AM, 2530Ubon said:

Growing outdoors in this climate is a waste of time.

What? Are you in your twenties? You almost sound as if you're totally unaware of the massive history in Thailand of growing Thai Stick in the 1960s and 1970s. They were extremely successful in growing huge plots (plantations, really) without any severe fungus or other problems. I can tell from your posts that you know about growing indoors in the UK or whatever, but most of that doesn't even apply here when they grow landraces that are acclimated to the region. Yes, growing them in greenhouses might lead to fungal diseases, but that would be expected in a humid climate where greenhouses aren't really needed. Grow them outdoors naturally, and it's a whole different story.

There are similarly-sized growing operations in Lao today, though the strains they grow are not as high-quality as the famed Thai Stick was, and they don't treat it with the same love and care the Thais did (obviously).